Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a propane injection kit today and will be installing it tomorrow if it works i should see 15% more hp and 5 more mpgs.

[/IMG]

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
[welcome] to FF.com!!!

i will simply assume that you have a diesel version of the Focus. your case is the first ive heard of adding propane injection to a diesel on a focus.

id really like to see pics of this setup!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
hank hill would be proud.
Posted via FF Mobile

Reactions: arrestmespi

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
so you want to make your car run super rich, cause that's what's gonna happen on a gasser

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
is that a regulator in the pic?
you are going to need to tune the car for the propane addition.

id like to see a dyno with before and after propane injection.
all the kits i have seen stateside are a bit more complex than the one in your pic

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
gasoline engines can run on propane, it is the equivalent of 110 octane when you adjust the timing, think it is -12 degrees i know CNG is -10 degrees. But a gasoline engine will run with propane and gasoline just pig rich because of the extra fuel. Had this happen on a dumptruck with a duel fuel system, gasoline and cng, had a bad cng valve and had both fuels running at once

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
the computer should make the proper adjustments so its not to rich
no, the compute will not make adjustments for propane injection. you are gonna need a diesel tuner to help you with this one. all our deisel injection kits require the ecu's to be reflashed. this is for our trucks since our diesel cars dont have much interest in the aftermarket.

by the looks of your pic. i see a possible regulator, an airline tube and a propane bottle that you can buy at walmart.

im not too sure you want to do this mod. i think you need to do much much more research before installing this on your car. you need sylenoids and othe items. the picture you provided will simply push propane into the intake continuously. it needs more than what is shown.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
the computer should make the proper adjustments so its not to rich
very doubtful, it would be needing a tune to do so as unless it is only a very small amount of propane being injected it would exceed the bounds of the fuel trim tables

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
that propane injection set up looks like my rental car nitrous setup, except I used the bottle valve to "regulate" the nitrous

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
hey scrammer he states it's not a diesel focus, guess its a gasoline engined model

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
not a diesel?

not suggested

PERIOD

cheap horsepower doesnt exist. sorry mate.

sorry ian, didnt see that part.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
my buddy has a tuner so he can change my timing, and air fuel ratio
Uh, tuners are generally vehicle specific as in one per vehicle with the exception of the OEM's ECU tool.
Plus if that picture is of your "kit" it is completely unsafe as you need something that takes throttle position, o^2 sensor data, into effect for fuel delivery. Plus it lacks solenoids, safe fuel line, DOT rated vehicular fuel tanks, EPA approval

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
if it dosent work i dont care i only paid $20 for it at a swap meet
It won't work, it will be dangerous, illegal in the US, potentially damaging to your vehicle, and a complete waste of your time and money.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.