Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is boys. The official konstrukt thredd for what will be the dopest FoFo I can possibly think up and assemble. The replica is gone, this is it's replacment projekt. Plan on having the car running and mostly put together by Christmas this year.

This thread will updated as progress is made on the car. All updates will be made in this original post to keep it easy.

Subscribe nukkuhs, get yo issue. Come on inside and see how we get loose.

The Goal of this whip is to lead a new Urban Style that's now beginning to break into the tuner world as seen with the Ken Block Crawford STi. I like Kolors, I'm going to use them a lot - tastefully. Wait, see, then tell me what you think. This car will also lead a new Focus Krew that some of the originators of the game will be starting in the next few months. It will be an invite only club composed of the dirtiest, illest, cleanest, fastest Foci
on the forums- ever. Expect to see the name around- DunRyteKroo

The main Supporter of this build is Karl @ Massive Speed System.

I purchase all of my aftermarket parts and upgrades from Massive. I don't bother trying elsewhere because Karl always does the best research for me, has the best prices, and he's always busting his butt to track down and stock rare, unique, and dope ass parts. Subscribe to this thread and be prepared to see the illest parts that I'd bet you've never seen before that only Massive can supply.

-Thanks for your continued help Karl.

07/2008

Car Found. Dusty, sad, alone. In the back of a Miami tune up shop in their dead car bay. Under the dust though and inside she was MINT!

She's a 2000 Malibu Blue. She's got under 20,000 miles on her, but I haven't juiced up the odometer yet. She came with some goodies... some Brakes, an Engine, and a trunk full of takeoffs.

11/2008

Took a few months to get some cash together for the purchase, flat bedded her an hour north into my county, dropped her on the driveway and after a rain she looked pretty clean!

Once it was at the crib I could assess all what was in the car, clean it out, and then push it back into the shop. Also some pics of the Long Block and Brakes she came carrying.

01/09 - 08/09

Started gathering parts, scouring forums, put together a mod list and planned the entire build out. Order some parts of Massive and Tousley and started putting some areas of the car together.

Brakes installed. Wheels Aquired- Discontinued Konig Traffiks in Ultra Matte Black. I spec'd them to clear the calipers PERFECT- the spokes seem to wrap around the caliper. insane. I never thought I'd ever put Konigs on one of my cars, but these are great RGII replicas and they're light. Single lug pattern, no universal BS. All this makes them the only set of dope Konig's I've seen. Tires are Federal 595 215/45/17. I love these. Best tire for the money in existence, I run them on all my Foci.

Single pot Baer rear disk conversion with billet Baer hubs and 12" 2 piece rotors. Twin pot Baer front calipers w/ SVT knuckles, 13" two piece rotors in the front.

Started cleaning the car. Basically every part needs to come off the car any way for replacement or upgrade, so as this all happens everything is being cleaned, vacuumed, lubed, and dusted off. Lots of dead grass under the car and in the suspension, under the heat shields. Even the undercarriage is just about spotless by now.

Rear wiper removed and plugged as well.

That's all I have time to post for now.

Updates from this point on will be much more specific and detailed.

[/b]12/31/09 Happy New Year Foos!

These are from a few weeks back.

Hella Supertone Horn mounting brackets behind factory grill. Similar to the WRX boys. Keep in mind the car will have a Euro grill on it without turn sigs. Made of 1" aluminum stock and brackets will be powdercoated when done. Not yet complete.

The car will also have a set of Hella Electric Trumpets mounted via SVT twin horn bracket to the lower radiator support. These four horns will be wired on a dedicated relay with direct 8 gauge power from the battery. All wired to the steering wheel horn button.

Also picked up her engine. Stock Zetec crate engine to start with, many mods to come. :)

SUBSCRIBE.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
nice so far, cant wait to see more

·
RB25 = Amazing
5,259 Posts
Looks great man! Keep us update.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
subscribed! im definitely looking forward to the outcome of this. im loving the wheel/brake setup, im so jealous!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
im really interested to see what is going to happen with this. keep us updated all the time!

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Wow, what a great find. It looks like my car's twin.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Its the threads like this that make me decide to keep my focus and do a build!!
Subscribed!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Awesome looking ride thus far. I love the look of the brake discs and calipers behind those rims. It looks great.
Where did you buy the calipers and rotors? I would love to have em.

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
looking good cant wait for updates and fix that tint lol

I was just gonna say that lol. Looking good man cant wait to see the final product [thumb]

·
Registered
496 Posts
psst... what happened to those wheels in the first few pics?

GREAT build. keep it up!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah I agree with everyone else, the rims/rotors/calipers work real nice together. Thats a pretty damn good fit the more brakes fill the dead space the beefier it looks and there aint too much dead space in there.
Props, keep it up!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts