Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Those are the K2 Halo projectors.
Do a search and you find some info on them at this site.
About 15 of us just bought those on a speical buy on this site.
Anyway, the fitment is decent and they are bright.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i got a pair, a like them lot. theyre pretty new on the market, so you will prolly be the only one in your neighborhood to have them.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
dude they are cool. Easy install just have to take some time to adjust the headlight beam but once u get that they are the shizzle.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome! thanks everybody! I was expecting the complete opposite response just because they're off ebay. I'm going to order them as soon as i can.

FocusMan-thanks for the picture, i have the yellow zx3 too. Now i know exactly what they'll look like on my car.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Here's some info that might come in handy.

Originally posted by microtonal:
You get some instructions for the halo wires(2 red/ 2 white pairs) for each light.
As far as the install, no instructions but it's not hard.

Tools:
10mm socket / rachet
10mm open end wrench
Needle Nose Pliers

1. Remove the 3, 10mm bolts on top. (The one closest to the grill is plastic)
**Use the Needle Nose Pliers to grab the plastic bolt.**
2. Remove the 10mm bolt on the bottom of the headlight.
You will need to get under the car and it's right above the bumper turn signal lights.
3. Remove 4, 10mm bolts. 2 from the left and 2 from right side of the front turn signal/grill.
**You need to do this so you can pull the headlight out.**
4. Unlug the cable from the back of the headlight by unlatching the plug from the headlight.
5. Pull the headlight out.

Install in reverse.

Notes:
A) The driver side HL fit fine but the passenger side was off about .5-1mm but it's not noticible but awkward when you install it.
b) The normal and High beem/Brights light switching are reversed. Dank also reported this operation.
meaning, when U have the lights on normal, the inner lights are on(Brights) and when U have the bright switch on, the outer(Normal) lights come on.

**If you decide to do this, do it before you install the new headlights so you have the headlight bay completely open so you have room to splice the wires.**
To fix this, I cut the green/orange and green/brown wires and crossed them.
DO NOT CUT THE BLACK ONE

Now the lights operate normally.
==========================

HALO WIRING
----------------------------------------------
I thought that a diagram may be more helpful.
This diagram shows one headlight with two halo connections.

**The resistors will control the current to the halo LED's since they are just LED's with no circuit. Make sure that the resistors are rated for 1/2 watt or greater.**

·
Registered
877 Posts
Glad these are good, I was planning on getting them in a few weeks!

-shawn

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got SuperHigh Projector light for Christmas BUT the halo on one of the 3.5" lights does not work! Does anyone know where I can go (online or local) to get a replacement? I've tried to take it apart and just replace the LED, but I was unsuccessful.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts