Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my ebay projectors and a ddm tuning h7 kit and i was wondering how i install the bulbs?

the normal lights use h9 but they said to use h7 but it doesnt sit right???
any ideas?

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
The bulb size won't matter just as long as the pigtail harnesses are the same type as the factory plugs.

The internal plug on the projectors will be made to fit the H7s. You'll be fine, since you won't have to splice any wires.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think your talking about the positive and negative lead i have to plug in and if so the ends on headlight are round and hid are flat

·
Registered
728 Posts
The internal lights on the ebay projectors are made for h9....h13 or something is the normal bulbs and the projectors are h9. I've had these for almost three years now haha

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
H7 and H9 have different style of mounts. H7 is clipped in Just like an H1 bulb and the H9 are twisted on. You will need to order the H9 bulb for your Projectors. Oh and DDM tuning sells them for $15 a set.

As far as installing. Most HID kits that are PnP are AMP style plugs which one end can only be plugged to one end. For ballast power, you just need to identify the correct polarity (+)(-) from your OEM harness and use the pigtails that come with your HID Kit

H13 = OEM bulb
H9 = Ebay projectors

----edit----

This is used with a relay.

Positive to Bat +

OEM Output headlight to Relay harness

AMP PnP pigtails

Relay

Ballast Main power (+)(-)

Final outcome, clean, sharp, colorful cutoff line:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this makes me mad because they told me to to order h7 bulbs... and i dont wanna wait 3 weeks for ddm tuning... any other options

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
May I ask why 3 weeks?

Amazon, eBay, or theretrofitsource.com. That's where I get my hid stuff. Morimoto ballast and Morimoto capsules

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I can't edit on my phone. If you have eagle eye projectors contact 2011 SE. He runs EE projectors with DDM 55w HIDs

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
and the H7 will not fit? Im just trying to clarify things up.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the h7 wont fit because there is not twist to lock in place like the h9 does or the h11 or h13

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Go to ddm for capsules for $15 or TRS.com for $45 a set. Trs is high quality ish!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
How far are you from Haverhill, MA? If you ABSOLUTELY need them in your car this weekend, if you drive up my way I'll sell you my extra, unopened set of bulbs. I'm pretty busy this weekend so I can't meet you halfway or anything, but if you're willing to drive to me, I'll just sell them to you at cost (bulbs plus shipping). I guess that's the only improvement I can offer instead of waiting three weeks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How far are you from Haverhill, MA? If you ABSOLUTELY need them in your car this weekend, if you drive up my way I'll sell you my extra, unopened set of bulbs. I'm pretty busy this weekend so I can't meet you halfway or anything, but if you're willing to drive to me, I'll just sell them to you at cost (bulbs plus shipping). I guess that's the only improvement I can offer instead of waiting three weeks.
thanks for the offer but my car has to go back in to the body shop for a few more weeks cuz the last shop screwed me over

·
Registered
495 Posts
hey guys! I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP HERE....didnt wanna make a new thread so ill post my questions here....

long story short I ordered the ccfl projectors with HID H9&H11 for heads and fogs along with a relay for the headlights [because someone on FF recomended the relay]....so this is what i got last night...

im super confused on how to install the headlights [when they arrive next week] with the relay...do i need another one? I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO CONNECT THIS. see relay below

below is the fog bulbs and ballasts [no relay] ...did i hook this up right to the ballast??....dont i just plug the stock plug into the left over connector?

i plan on hooking the fogs up this weekend and hope i at least have that right...and the headlights next weekend...
thanks in advance

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Jdbug, you should really start a new thread.

As far as relay for ur headlight, there will be one input plug on the harness, plug that pigtail to the driver side headlight pigtail. Mount the relay somewhere and start routing your neg and pos wire to the battery, don't connect it yet. Route your power supply for the ballast, one to driver and one to passenger, for passenger I mounted it to the radiator sub frame. Connect the ballast power to ballast, install hid bulb, install hid bulb to ballast, install the relay harness power to battery, pos then neg. Turn on lights make sure it works. Sometimes if they won't turn on try switching the ballast power plug around because it may be reversed polarity. If they work mount the ballast.

The fogs are same way. The fogs should come with a pigtail to plug straight into the fog light power pigtail. Install bulb to fog, install bulb to ballast, and last plug power to ballast. Test the lights. If both work install ballast.

IF u need help. Plz feel free to pm me.. I tried to break it down barney style

1 - 20 of 20 Posts