Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you've probably seen them all over eBay, but does anyone have them installed and like them? I've seen some really nice looking dual projector headlights for the Focus on eBay, but I always wonder about the light output. Is it equal and/or better than stock?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
It is always just a small bit better than stock, however, the quality of the ebay one's are to be argued for, some like them, most don't, and most such as myself would recommend getting what you pay for, and going for the Hella Lights, they have the best quality, and look the best IMO, but they're also other projector options such as the Mach HID's, but look to spend a good amount of money, (500-800$) for even a used set....but hope this helps...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I'm thinking about replacing my stock headlight assembly because the lense is becoming more and more pitted. So items like these:
probably wouldn't be worth it?

I'm not looking for the best of the best, but something that is decent and will last a fair amount of time.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Well, you are going to get mixed arguments all day long of those, some argue they look cheap, some say if you are on a budget this is the best you can get, if you're not looking to spend alot of money, these are a cosmetic upgrade from stock, but there are always a couple horror stories to every part, the final decision is up to you...

·
Registered
875 Posts

I have the same lights. They look awesome, but be prepared for a few problems. Mine came with a broken tab, and the high beams and low beams are reversed. You have to cut the wires or switch them in the light itself to make them come on correctly. If you don't, the highs will come on when the lows are supposed to be on and vice versa. The light throw also isn't too great, but brighter bulbs will help that a lot.

Once you square away issues, the lights are pretty sweet, despite the problems. They look great in person, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts