Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i sold my projector headlights to this guy. i had the ones off ebay...the black plastic ones. well i told him that i never hooked up the halos, which i hadnt. well he hooked them up and one of the halos was out. the guy who put them in for him said it would be 50 bucks to but the new light. does any one know where i can get that one light for less than that. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Couple of questions:

How do you know that they didn't blow it when they hooked it up?

Did your ad state that the lights were sold as-is? Or did you state that they worked?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the guy i sold them to was a friend of a guy that i work with. i agree i dont think it is my responsibilty, but i dont want to feel like i screwed the guy over.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
The halo's are LED's. They only require like 2VDC and any more could fry them if there is enough current.
They are easily damaged. Putting 12VDC on them without a resisitor or built in resistor(Halo) will cause the halo's to work for a while and burn out very quickly.
Can't they just replace the LED in the halo ?
It's only a $1-2 part...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Please don't buy a new one. There is no warranty when you sell things like that. I wouldn't make you do it for me.

·
Registered
310 Posts
He most likely blew them out during install. He wouldn't tell you if he hooked it up to the wrong wires and fryed the halo himself. ALthough it's not your responibility, and you're feelin' the right thing to do is help him out, then by all means, help him. Like microtonal said, just buy the led for the halo, it's cheaper and he shouldn't complain after that.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
There should be two of these LED's in each halo.
Remove it and replace it.

NOTE: Make sure U put it in the right way. They are polarity sensitive to DC volts.
When U take the bad one out, look inside the LED and U will see one side is smaller than the other. Make sure to put the new one in the same way.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Not sure which brand of Projectors you had but I thought that I pass this info on.

hey all.

just wanted to let anyone debating the purchase of lights from http://www.matrixracing.com know that this is the 2nd pair of lights I have had problems with.

The first issue I had was the LED for one of the halo's burning out. Matrix Racing did however compensate and sent me new ones out.

Recently the actual connectors on the lights literally melted, and my lights would flicker on and off. I had to manually create new connections for the light assembly.

the lights look great, however I had to go through a great deal of trouble to actually get the finished product. *whos knows how long my wiring will last lol*

I hope this helps anyone in their purchase, and I welcome any comments such as *good* things that have come from these lights...

I'm trying to figure out if i had bad luck, or if the lights quality really are that poor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats my name too....where can i get those led lights....like an autoparts store or do i have to order them?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Take one out and go to Radio shack. If they don't have them, they should be able to order them for you.
The LED should be about the same size so it will fit in the halo LED socket
Make sure the LED's are clear/normal illuminated LED's. No color.
*The voltage drop should be about 2-3VDC for normal LED operation.(This might be noted on the LED package when you go look and find replacements.)
Also, if these halo's do not have a built in resistor(300 ohms), the LED will burn out again soon.*

This is what I had to do to my halo's to regulate the LED.
This diagram shows one headlight with two halo connections.

**The resistors will control the current to the halo LED's since they are just LED's with no circuit. Make sure that the resistors are rated for 1/2 watt or greater.**

1 - 14 of 14 Posts