Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what projector bulbs are a good upgrade from these ones. I haven't really gotten in and started to look around, just wondering if you all have any suggestions. Also, how do I get in to change them? They have the halo's if that matters at all. I am going to replace my brights with the silverstars, but don't really know what to do about the projectors. Thanks all!

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
HID's nothing else[thumb]

CLICK HERE

if your not interested in HID's, i recommend getting Nokyas. they have higher wattage though. so bigger wiring harnesses and plugs are required

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Only do HIDs... The Reason I say that is, If you put another Buld in there its not Going to Look as Good. I had Blue and Super White Bulbs in my projectors and they suck., If you go HID you will be very satisfied. btw.. The Bulbs were Nokyas

I have HIDs that I bought on ebay for 88 shipped and they work great.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So why do I see HID kits for sale for hundreds of dollars? Can I use these with the current housings that I have? What about the halo's? Would they burn up faster due to the increased heat?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
increased heat? who said that HID are hotter than Halogen? if you get the 35w HID, you will be decreasing the heat that the stock halogens put out. HID kits can get real expensive to a novice. but for people with experience in the field know what to look for. trust me. the site i directed you to is a great find!
you need to order a kit with the same bulb format that your housings currently accept. no mod requiring. i too want to encourage you into purchasing thier wiring harness as well. it will make the hook-up uber-simpler.

good luck

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Scrammer, I thought that because they were putting out more light that they were going to run hotter as well. Why do I see so often that people are having problems with housings melting or warping or whatever? I have been thinking about HID's for some time, but always saw the price and was scared about spending a butt load of money. Also, the HID's only work for projectors...right, so with the hallogen bulbs that I have for my high beams, I'll be good with the silverstars?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
as it states in my signature....no pojectors? no HID! besides, without running a bi-xenon bulb, highbeams in HID slots are pointless cuz it takes so long for them to heat up. in low-beams, they take about 5 seconds for you to drive at night, and about 5 mins for them to come completely to fully operating temperature.
this is why all of us still have a halogen highbeam. i suggest you go with Hoen bulbs to match the HID color. not sure what bulb format your highs are, but its worth a looky. go to hoen-usa.com for thier bulbs. they are well recommended on this site if you do a search.

let me know if i can be of any more help

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Thanks Scrammer, I thought that because they were putting out more light that they were going to run hotter as well. Why do I see so often that people are having problems with housings melting or warping or whatever? I have been thinking about HID's for some time, but always saw the price and was scared about spending a butt load of money. Also, the HID's only work for projectors...right, so with the hallogen bulbs that I have for my high beams, I'll be good with the silverstars?
I was a victim of burned housings, but it was from halogen bulbs. The watts was high for low beams, well over 55w. I was a rookie then, but i do my research now before i buy into ANYTHING. I'm getting a 55w HID kit for my new ebay mach a likes. It says no hid on them but i know u can use them anyway. Good luck on ur findings[thumb]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
focusonthis420 has the same lights and kit and he said it fits fine...[scratch]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts