Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem with their projection headlights. Mine are TYC and not that Ebay junk, which incase any of you are wondering are junk, i got a set off their for about 200 bucks and they were just crap so i ended up spending 500 on a TYC set which can be upgraded to HID for both high and low beam at another 1000. But anyways to start the high and low beams became reversed and the lights themselves gave off a very inconsistent projection. Then i was switching the bulbs one day when the low beam on the right light went out (high beam according to the car), I checked all the fuses, replaced the bulb, ad even plugged the headlight into the left plug to make sure that wasnt the problem, which it wasnt. It also knocked out the rear right brake light, and the cluster light for the high beams. Does anyone know what the problem could be, i thought it could be one of the relays but I have no idea how to check or replace those things.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hye sorry i meant they are ANZO USA headlights.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have the same headlights... I got bad news for you, they are identical to the "eBay junk" you mentioned. Anzo USA distributes those lights but they are actually made by a Korean company called KS and sold on eBay for about 200 bucks. We got mine from eBay and it arrived in a box marked "ANZO"

The high and low beams are reverse on ALL sets of these lights unfortunately and the light pattern is pretty bad. On the upside, they look pretty sweet on the car, especially at night, it's just that beam pattern that sucks.

We had to cut the high and low beam wires and switch them, but I think there's a way to switch them within the headlight itself.

As for your problem with the lights not working, I'm not sure what to tell you about that. Sorry I can't help you with it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thast odd because the headlights i got off originally from ebay said KS on them as well, but did not say ANZO anywhere on the box. Could it be that this guy from EBAY is just placing names onto his boxes and descriptions to better sell his product like many ebay sellers do. Then he just saids you the crappy headlight they have. And on the KS lights that I purchased the lights werent reversed they plugged in fine. And your probably saying well its because we have two different kinds of headlights, which is tru. But the point im trying to get across to you is dont beleive what it says on the box when you get it off ebay for less then half of what it would cost had you gottenn it from an orignal retailer. Pay clos attention to ebay, real brand name stuff that is actually quality is usually priced the same as if you were buying from a store while knock off products are usually heavily discounted to amazing prices. Put two and two together their genius,.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Alright, be a jerk about it. I'm just telling you that the eBay lights I bought were marked "ANZO USA", complete with company barcode and had the EXACT problems your expensive ones had (reversed highs and lows, poor light throw). I never said that my lights say KS on them, they don't to my knowledge.

Seems to me that I have your lights, since they are identical and have identical problems, and both were supposedly from Anzo USA. Maybe they aren't made by KS, that's just what I've read on here. All I know is, I have the same headlights with the exact same issues, so maybe I do indeed have Anzos. Most people here also have the same problems with these lights.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
y My bad for being a jerk, but i actually fixed the light spread problem, it was an aiming issue and a bulb problem, now the spread is actually pretty good and consistent. So they are not ebay junk, like what i have had before

1 - 6 of 6 Posts