Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so final straw tonight... im tired of my P.O.S civic owning friends talkin sh** about how civics are better and k20 nonsense can smoke my svt blah blah blah, so i need some serious upgrade suggestions for ACCELERATION gains, i know the svt isnt the greatest drag car but im going to make it one, soo.... all suggestions are much appreciated,
lets build a beast and [boxface] those hondas

·
Registered
455 Posts
good luck with this those hondas are way to light my friend your prob going to have to turn to boost and prey they dont

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
The only way you can keep up or pass a civic with a k20 is boost.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, look at spending about 4-5k base to get to 300 whp. (used turbo kit, new clutch/flywheel, and a tune!)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Good luck with the build. Some of those Frankenstein k motor builds in hatches can be purtty darn fast. I respect all sorts of cars that are fast n' such. Just don't let the ding dongs bother you with all the smack talk. Do what makes you happy and enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Im with the above post
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
120 Posts
ya, look at spending about 4-5k base to get to 300 whp. (used turbo kit, new clutch/flywheel, and a tune!)
Doing just that as we speak [race]

Gutted hondas are pretty good in the twisties too. Sometimes I wish my interior was as cruddy as a hondas, then I wouldn't feel too guilty to rip it out. You gotta admit, you know you love smelling leather every time you open your car door. [driving]

SVT's are pretty rare, but im pretty sure if i farted right now it would probably hit a honda. [^]

·
Registered
120 Posts
But hondas are pretty good bang for your buck, you could buy a K24 for like 500 bucks out of an accord or a CRV, send the head out to get ported and rebuilt, and bam! for a grand you have an incredibly strong and high revving engine.

But honestly, I wouldn't commit myself to that lot... its nearly impossible to find one without rust or un-molested by people who have no idea how to mod cars. Besides... they're kids cars. I wouldn't be able to drive one without feeling like I'm still work at McDonalds

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I say forget the boost and game up on the suspension and tires ... and battle the civics on the AutoX tracks.

Cheaper and you gain much more respect for turns than straights. And your bragging rights go to both YOUR CAR and YOUR DRIVING SKILLS! What What. I feel way more satisfaction taking on Civics on the AutoX tracks than on the 1/4 mile shorts.

-Ray-

·
Registered
120 Posts
I say forget the boost and game up on the suspension and tires ... and battle the civics on the AutoX tracks.

Cheaper and you gain much more respect for turns than straights. And your bragging rights go to both YOUR CAR and YOUR DRIVING SKILLS! What What. I feel way more satisfaction taking on Civics on the AutoX tracks than on the 1/4 mile shorts.

-Ray-
Agreed

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I have a spa manifold and a tial f38 wastegate I could sell you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts