Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Gray one is almost done but I've been wanting an orange one forever. Flew to san diego and drove it home with no hood. It's been sitting for a year and drove like a dream. This one isn't getting a color change. The interior is an easy 9 out of 10.

Attachments

w/ my magic bag
I've started new projects when the 1st one was waiting on pieces/parts,ect. Just make sure to finish the 1st one.....as I as well as you have seen many projects just sitting sometimes for yrs & yrs...Lose interest or take to much on or the money goes else where.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I've started new projects when the 1st one was waiting on pieces/parts,ect. Just make sure to finish the 1st one.....as I as well as you have seen many projects just sitting sometimes for yrs & yrs...Lose interest or take to much on or the money goes else where.
The gray one would have been done this weekend. Just have to reinstall the window regulators and headlights and rockers. Oh and retape the mouldings. My LEAST favorite part.

Do have to respray the top of the rear gate and spoiler but it is minor.

This orange one is a much better starting point than the yellow one was. Has a lot more small dings and dents but nothing major. Engine sounds better. Shifts better. Has the same sticky valve in the steering when cold but it has sat for a year. Will pour some Seafoam in it and expect it will go away as it did in the yellow one.

Ordered plugs and fuel filter and oxygen sensors already. Have a gates blue belt setup I need to do although the belt on it looks good...don't wanna risk it.

Plan is to get the mechanicals in tip top shape and then do the body. Might strip the bumpers and spray them and the hood what comes out when you mix the
color code. Just to make it presentable.

If I can make it look as good as the other one I'd be ecstatic.

For anyone who hasn't seen it...

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Sea foam in the power steering? Just curious what it does and nice finds they look awesome.
seafoam trans tune I think it is called. Cleans the valves in the hydraulic system. Fixed the cold stickiness in the yellow one. Wasn't my idea, googled it and found testament to it working so gave it a shot.

w/ my magic bag
seafoam trans tune I think it is called. Cleans the valves in the hydraulic system. Fixed the cold stickiness in the yellow one. Wasn't my idea, googled it and found testament to it working so gave it a shot.
Thanx to the PO hadn't flushed out the old p/s fluid...Same as flushing out the brake fluid.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Steering fluid looks like it is mixed with grape jelly. Poured a little seafoam in it. Will drain it entirely and add fresh fluid and more seafoam. Probably flush it again after. Nasty fluid in it now.

Motorcraft honey synthetic trans fluid arrived today. Next step is flush everything.

The clutch in this one has a different feeling about mid pedal like a spring or something that my other one doesn't. I don't know if this clutch is original. Car has 150 thousand on it and it feels good just different.

The gray one I know the clutch was replaced around 40 thousand miles ago.

w/ my magic bag
Steering fluid looks like it is mixed with grape jelly. Poured a little seafoam in it. Will drain it entirely and add fresh fluid and more seafoam. Probably flush it again after. Nasty fluid in it now.

Motorcraft honey synthetic trans fluid arrived today. Next step is flush everything.

The clutch in this one has a different feeling about mid pedal like a spring or something that my other one doesn't. I don't know if this clutch is original. Car has 150 thousand on it and it feels good just different.

The gray one I know the clutch was replaced around 40 thousand miles ago.
If its a oem or a oem replacement clutch, then it has a dual mass clutch your feeling....Makes it more flexible & easier on the trans.

Registered
I need me a comp orange in my life. Nice Find!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Minor stuff fixed. New o2 sensors installed. Passed emissions.

Fuel filter and spark plugs changed. Transmission drained and refilled with ford synthetic. Steering rack works better but will end up replacing it I'm sure.

w/ my magic bag
Minor stuff fixed. New o2 sensors installed. Passed emissions.

Fuel filter and spark plugs changed. Transmission drained and refilled with ford synthetic. Steering rack works better but will end up replacing it I'm sure.
Great..........

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Should have named this one project TAKES FOR FRIGGING EVER.

Anyhow, have been doing tons of minor stuff to it. New plugs, wires, sensors, fuel pump, vc gasket....tons of minor repairs and prevention. Did do one small test of a homemade grille. I have a 2015 focus st grille that I kept from a car I worked on. The surround is damaged but the honeycomb is fine.

The stock grille was gone when I got my car and I stuck a broken regular focus grille I had on it just to have one for now.

So I cut up the broken grille and cut a piece of the st grille for an insert.

I think I'll find a nice grille at the pic a part and redo this but this time I'll cut out the lights.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah...in the pic you can see I used part of the st grille that has a backing. I will save the open mesh for the next one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Not much progress but I'm doing things as I have time. Thought I'd take a half an hour this morning and remove this old bluetooth phone setup that the car came with. 3 hours later!!! It is all removed and the wiring repaired.

I hate crap like this stuff. All that showed was a phone button and a microphone glued above the speedometer. And 4000 wires and a module hidden under the dash. The wiring was even tapped into the wiring under the kick panel.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts