Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would show you guys my current project.. a 1956 Chevy 3200 stepside "Apache".... with 19k ORIGINAL miles (according to title.... and thats what we go by)

It has a 327 with a 4 speed.... unfortunately it's geared so low I can pull out in 4th gear.... but thats something for another day.

·
Lets get twisted
2,331 Posts
Looks good man. I want to do something like this one day. You gonna restore it or rod it out?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I hope that you keep the deep-dish slots on it. I think that I am one of the last few fans of those wheels on the planet.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I say restore it back to lookng stock, nothing wrong with some go-fast goodies.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i swear you change your ride more then i change underwear..... looks like a fun project though nice find john

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now I'm not planning to do much more to it other than new tires and change out the tranny.

I like to old school/ rat rod look of it.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
looks like a great project! shame they painted the bumpers

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I say rust the biotch out and remove the hood and call it Mater. [:D]

Nice truck John.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Sweet. My uncle has a white one similar to this. Its always good to keep them rough around the edges! [thumb]

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Really nice! This trucks won't die. very good condition to start with.
Yeah, but the driver and passenger will. 4 pt harnesses would be a good addition. Those trucks are tanks, but unfortunately you bounce around inside that tank if you're riding in it.

It's a gorgeous find though John. You should have your own show called "American Auto Pickers". I'd drive the hell out of it too- even if I am afraid of metal dashes and non-collapsible steering columns.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I like it...I like the rims,too. Yes, another fan.

I like what the bed looks like

Re gear it

Spend 2k on one of those small B&M (?) 144 blowers for it. They sound cool and make maybe 60-80 HP, but you can install one in a DAY, and just drive it :).

Great looking truck..I always liked the apache. The cab is awesome

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Long bed!!! yah never see anyone building them these days.
I'm in the middle of helping my neighbor build a '71 C30 Longhorn (8.5-9ft bed!)
great project, have fun.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Love it. I'm a big fan of the wooden bed.

PS, ever since Focus Fest my girl officially wants to leave me for your Vette.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts