Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be my story for the car as well as a build thread. This is for an 04 EAP Infra-red SVT 3-door. #116 of 1978

I bought the car with some mods already on the car:

Exterior:
Clear turn signals
Red vinyl emblem overlays

Suspension:
Koni Yellows with H&R race springs
Adjustable rear sway bar

Engine:
Volant Ram Air intake
Random Technologies High Flow Cat
MagnaFlow Catback
Toms Tune

Interior:
AEM Wideband
Euro MK2 Shift Knob
CFM Short Throw Shifter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now for some of the good stuff. These were pics taken just after having spent 5 or so hours doing a wash, clay bar, compound, polish, and wax the night before in a garage.

·
Registered
293 Posts
very clean inside and out dont see too many this way looks great!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yes it is a clean car( local friend of his) but unfortunately he is having issues with the car still. It idles like crap. (Running pretty rich) at least last time I talked to him. In all fairness I don't think previous owners were the smartest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it is a clean car( local friend of his) but unfortunately he is having issues with the car still. It idles like crap. (Running pretty rich) at least last time I talked to him. In all fairness I don't think previous owners were the smartest.
Still running weird. I kinda figured out the vacuum leak, the couplers rolled when putting the upper and lower back together. So now its running back the way it was before I messed with it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Awesome svt you have.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i want an eap svt so bad i can taste it! your is so clean and frresh

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OOPS... Looks like something got messed up...

Well... it has been about a month having the car off the road. I was driving down the road with my dad, heard a pop, some rattling, and done. The car wouldn't start back up. Get it home finally and do some checking over for some stuff. Do a compression and they read as follows. 0-85-0-0. Checking timing and the exhaust cam is off about 90*. Retime and recheck the compression and again, they read as follows. 0-115-0-0. So I have gotten ahold of a new head to replace the damaged one. Here are some pics for now, rebuild and clean up pics to follow.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
well that sucks about the engine but i'm looking forward to seeing the rebuild! car is beautiful. i love the interior,especially the seats!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts