Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i bought my first focus six months back. It is a 2002 silver svt. just curious on everybodies current or previous project ideas, so i can develop some of my own. Thanks! [headbang]

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Welcome to the Forum [wave]

My suggestion would be to look around some the galleries and check out a few of the build threads to see what other people have done to their cars.

I've done way to many things to both my cars to list so here's a link to what I've done over the past few years: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270140

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome to FF. I'd do a timing belt & the maintence= plugs,wires, fuel filter, etc 1st. Add a t/b & tune next. Add cfm tubular fca's, rear toe-links, eibach sportline system, Baer bbk, Steeda's sts, orp & a stealth muffler, add a torsen diff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
appreciate the replies. im sure there has been several of these posts in the past. hopin to collect some knowledge from this site! im really enjoying the hatch world, i used to own a lt1 trans am, but i figure for the handling and the ability to hit 300+ hp, this is even better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh forgot to mention, sitting at 75k miles, the car was completly mint condition. bought for 7k at 68k miles. i feel like i got it for a steal

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
oh forgot to mention, sitting at 75k miles, the car was completly mint condition. bought for 7k at 68k miles. i feel like i got it for a steal
I'd do the timing belt. Those t/a's are cool cars. I love the '74 SD's.

·
Registered
262 Posts
my advice to you would be, (after changing out the belt)

1, toms tune,
2, aem wideband air fuel gauge, so tom can really fine tune you
3, throttle body upgrade, (67mm cfm one
4, 180 degrees thermostat,
5, cfm race cat, (keep standard exhaust with lunch box resonator delete with an inward rolled tipp, unless you go for a 3inch exhaust system its not worth it,)
6. clutch masters clutch, and aluminium light weight flywheel,
7. 10mm ht leads
8. sports suspension
9. motorcraft copper plugs gaped at 0.05
10. get tom to bring all the mods together in a final tune,

thats my exact setup

my next mod will be a short throw shifter, then im gonna just enjoy her

hope this helps

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd add a torsen & cfm's lca's to the above.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
felix bro, what are cfm's lca's ?????????
Central Florida Motorsport's, tubular Lower control arms= lighter weight, lot stouter & adjustable camber. Adds more forward bite too.

·
Registered
262 Posts
sounds cool, are they easy to install, im a weekend mechanic, with some knoll-age, and fewer resources , lol, do they improve the 0 to 60 dash??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im loving all this feed back, sorry i havent responded to you guys. i just deployed the other day. many hot days ahead of myself

1 - 18 of 18 Posts