Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been putting off doing the body and paint but finally came up with a plan that doesn't consume all of my free time. Bought parts car, will use fenders and hood and driver door from exterior and the dash and some trim from the interior.

The plan is to minimize the down time on my daily driver svt. Have about five hours of work into it. The goal is to keep the man hours low. Calendar time is another story, all depends on my schedule.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The white rattle can was just to keep the rust away from bare metal. Didn't have time to finish metal work. Door will be returned to parts car and possibly donated to vet charity IF I get the title.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love that color. I miss my Yellow ZX3.

Reactions: bodyman5001

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
nice.

same color parts car was how i rebuilt my car after a wreck.

Reactions: bodyman5001

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only got in a few hours this week. Welded the license holes shut and skimmed it with 5887 3m bumper repair. Probably could have spent a little more time with the heat gun and used just a tiny bit but this stuff just works so good.

Decided not to even paint the inside of the liftgate. Soooo clean and no rust.

I will say that judging by the minor rust on my parts car I feel bad for East Coast guys....if you're seeing rust on the rockers your car is probably not unfixable but it would be easier to swap parts to a SW rust free shell.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have been blocking primer for what seems like days and days because I only get to do it a bit at a time. It has blocked pretty straight. I've only had to cheat it in a few minor areas. Most likely won't even be able to tell when it is painted.

Getting close to color going on. Have to tear the bumpers and doors and fenders off and pull the windshield.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like it's coming together. I'm guessing you're also a body guy by trade?

Sent from my SM-G960U using FF Mobile
Yes sir.

Ready for paint any day. Should swap all parts from svt to parts car and have the svt in the booth sometime this week. Doors and fenders and bumpers are all ready. Have a small spot on the roof and in the door jambs that need primer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Uhhhhhh....SLIGHT change of plans. Door jambs painted last night.

I can always change the color back to yellow in the future. This car is my daily driver and as much as I love the yellow I don't love how the sun will fade it. Plus I wanted to paint it stealth grey anyway.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 66 Posts