Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am starting a new build thread because the other thread was way too long and had too many mishaps that should have been avoided but now that I have time and money to fix them, I wanted to start fresh. So here is a list of what this thread will include.

2003 Vermillion Red SVT Focus

Modifications
Black Housing SAP Headlights - Installed
14,000k HID Kit - Installed

Cervinis Body Kit - Ordered
Sport Carbon Fiber Hood - Pending Trade

Saleen Biplane Wing
Red Valve Cover - Installed
Rally Grill - Ordered

3000k Fog Lights
Jackson Racing Supercharger or T4 Turbo
Short throw Shifter - Ordered
Black SVT 5 Star Rims
Red Calipers
Car Paint Flat Black
Red/Black SVT Seats

Currently the car is very ugly right now but I can show some teaser pictures

Headlights and HIDS installed

Valve Cover Stripped and Painted

Ordering the body kit tomorrow and for those who do not know what the kit looks like, here are some pictures

The hood is being acquired by trade through a very cool person on this forum and here is a picture of the hood

Headlights and HIDS along with the stock intake was acquired by trade with a buddy of mine and is also a member of this forum "SpeedyGonzo".
He also gave me the extra Valve cover to paint so I wouldn't be stuck without a valve cover on my car.

Rally grill is coming soon and the rest will be here in all due time.

Stay Tuned!!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Waiting to see how this turns out, should look good.

I like the side skirt things on that kit but please dont tell me your putting those out of place wings on, atleast the upper. I'd suggest a roush upper wing or similar

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
I still don't understand why you went from Mach's to cheap aftermarket HID's.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Wish I could put my hands on that hood... Damn.

Oh... I don't like where you're going but it's your car. Hope you will enjoy it and good luck :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the wing that is pictured is not what I am trying to get.

The Machs where too much and will be a future aspect of the car I will get later and the HIDS along side with the headlights where acquired in a trade like I said after I sold my cheap halo projectors

Yes this will be a show car because in order to sell itin the future I have to at least make it look complete before I put any more money into the engine after replacing the hydrolockedengine that was in my car before.

This is all I can afford right now and because of the prices of findingg the right colored stock svt parts I decided to go aftermarket on everything so my car is not missingany body parts likei do now.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yes this will be a show car because in order to sell itin the future I have to at least make it look complete before I put any more money into the engine after replacing the hydrolockedengine that was in my car before.
Now, you have to think twice on that. I'm into cars and I never had a car longer than a year. Even tho I have a car right now I'm still searching craigslist and other sites for a good deals. I have some experience and believe me, I know that people rather buy a clean, unmolested, untouched car than a riced out one. And since you have a SVT Focus which in a few years will be a rare car, you wanna keep it clean and nice, trust me.
Different story would be with a stock ZX3. You can buy it cheap and make it nice since, well let be honest, stock ZX3 doesn't stand out.

This is an example of nice clean SVT that is for sale locally.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/2569344811.html
( If it's against the rules I'm sorry, but I need this as an example )

Now about this car. Even tho it looks nice and I betcha someone put some work and money into it, but with these miles, thats a $5000 car to me. Only good thing about it it's the EAP package. So I would throw another $300. But not $7250.

Remember that you will never, EVER get your money back for what will you put into your car. People will still see it as SVT Focus no matter what.
Or course it's nice to buy a car with modifications, since it will save you some time and money, but everything must be for the right price.

Like me for example. I recently bought a 03 Red SVT with 84k miles that has magnaflow exhaust, $900 worth of coilovers, painted hood ( cheap mod but it is ), Roush mid wing ( probably $250-$300 painted ) and as an extra, brand new clutch. Well, you might think, "thats at least $6000-$7000 car right there". But I paid only $4700 for it. Doubt you would sell you car for that much in the future since I see you have big plans and you will spent some money on it thinking to get it all back some day...

Not gonna happen. I don't wanna stop you from doing what you wanna do, but be aware that you will lose money. So either go big, drive it for couple years and sell it. Or do less to it, but still stand out in the crowd and save yourself some money for maintenance or other stuff.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These parts I'm getting are not coming out of my pocket at all, either they were acquired in a trade or from money I have made from selling the crap mods I had on before or money I got back fromselling parts off of the old engine. Performance wise this car has a brand new engine, the exhaust is stock which has been said to be one of the best, tranny has only 16k on it, and I have it ready for a supercharger whenever I can afford it. It runs clean and fast plus I have a 1 1/2 year old so I am not really concerned on performance and making it go faster than it already is.

The car on the outside is junk right now and the only thing. I have stock is everything but the front bumper and I don't have any side skirts on the car.

Andhonestly you really didn't have to type that story above in mythread to prove a point, I know what I'm doing and it doesn't matter what it looks like on the outside, it matters what's underneath and how you drive it. Right now the engine is where I want it and I already dumped $3200 getting my car running again.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm seriously not that person, I'm very helpful and never bash people but I learn my lesson and thanks to my friends and experience I gained thru all those years I learned how to not lose money on cars. And when something it's not worth it, I don't do/buy it.

You do realize that at some point you paid for the items you are trading in right? So even tho you're trading one thing for another it's still like paying for it with the money you already spent. Also, you know what you're doing and you just spent $3200 only to get it running? You should have use that money for a down payment for a newer car. Sorry but don't say I'm not right.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not going to argue with you on what I should of done or need to be doing from what you say because all in all you don't know my life and the things I had to do to get this car, my credit situation, and the fact that this car is not paid off yet. Whatever you say or anyone else is easier said than done at this point. I'm not getting mad, I am disappointed people think its better to point the way to the other side without seeing where you started from.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I for one am looking forward to seeing what you can do. Don't let anyone else tell you what to do to your car. It's your car, your money, and you will be the one enjoying the fruits of your labor so have fun doing it and ignore the haters.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No body is hating I totally understand where they are coming from but they need to realize my situation first before speaking

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered a CFM Adjustable Short Throw Shifter, Rally Grill (Thanks to Ehancock), and the body kit is on its way. The hood will be on next week. Also I am getting a set of SVT red stitching floor mats.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
I think you are making excuses to defend your choice in taste. Thats fine, but at the same time, when you claim that a body kit, including prep/paint and installation isnt going to cost you any money, its getting a little silly.

Again, its your car, and i wont claim to be mr. perfect myself, but know that you cant fool people on the forums. Mods cost money, no matter how you want to play the game, you dont get things for free. We just want to help guide you into buying quality parts that you can be proud of, not waste money on ebay specials and end up in the ricer thread.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MODIFICATION UPDATE
Black Housing SAP Headlights - Installed
14,000k HID Kit - Installed
Cervinis Body Kit - Ordered
Sport Carbon Fiber Hood - Pending Trade
Saleen Biplane Wing
Red Valve Cover - Painted
Rally Grill - Ordered
3000k Fog Lights
Jackson Racing Supercharger
Short throw Shifter - Ordered
Black SVT 5 Star Rims
Red Calipers
Car Paint Flat Black
Red/Black SVT Seats

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Lol. At all this talk.

I am looking forward to seeing where this is going to go and actually can't wait to see before and after pics

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Tom and about the talk, I normally don't fire back at people that tell me what I should do or what I don't know but this is not FJ here guys, some part of me thinks of jealousy but the other part says they are just trying to help, but I don't need help or lectures. Just wait until you see what I got and have in store for this car.

Red Iam still thinking about the red seats but the money from the seats would pay off my credit card bills from ordering the body kit but it is not a real concern right now.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
haha well let me know if your out this way, we can most likely work somthin out.

and props for doing what you want, not what everyone tells ya to.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts