Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is it, this is the thread to end all of my threads. I know I've made quite a few but this one is my official build thread. Below is a list of things I intend to do to my car. Some are normal and some of them are very crazy and complicated. Some of them I can't even tell you about because you either wouldn't believe me or would just laugh in my face. So for now, the intense stuff will just have to remain a secret. I'll be posting the list below and then I will post some beginning pics of the car followed by the latest stuff. All this is in an effort to keep everything in one place. Remember this is going to take a LONG time. I don't have a lot of money and I have some of this stuff planned to take place in the next few years, so stick with it, we'll all see what happens. Thanks. SPACE.

This is an outline for what I am calling Project Bebop. The idea behind project Bebop is to take my car and more or less turn it into my own personal dream machine/space ship(Bebop is the name of the big ship in Cowboy Bebop so you can see where I got that from plus it just had sort of a techno sound to it)/concept car, and to create a car with its own distinct personality. Besides, the car is paid for and I'm going into mechanical engineering, what better way to learn and test my ideas than on my own car! The plan is divided into two stages, stage 1, the Silver Stage, and stage 2, the Dark Stage. The Silver Stage is called the Silver Stage because the car is silver and the Dark Stage is called the Dark Stage because the car will be painted a darker color… that’s kinda obvious, at least to me. The first part of stage 1 is in order for the most part of how I’d like to go, but we’ll see how it works out.
Stage 1. SILVER STAGE
Part 1. Fuzion front bumper (on but not yet completed)
Part 2. Sap spoiler
Part 3. Rs rally rims (dolomite gray with orange interior)
Part 4. Side skirts (Style yet to be determined)

Part 5. Aftermarket rear bumper (Style yet to be determined)

Part 6. Aftermarket Security System

Part 7. Short ram air intake

Part 8. Front sway bar

Part 9. 12” Sub woofer with new amp

Part 10. Aftermarket exhaust

Part 11. A-pillar Gauge Pod

Part 12. Under glow kit, multi color, programmed colors for different events.

Part 13. Orange brake Calipers

Part 14. Aftermarket headlights (most likely angel eyes)

Part 15. Aftermarket suspension

Part 16. Interior LEDs

Part 17. LED license plate frame!

Stage 2. DARK STAGE ( A.K.A Conceptual Stage)
Part 1. Paint car Dolomite Grey with off center orange stripe
Part 2. Interior color change (Color yet to be determined)
Part 3. Double din car pc
Part 4. Custom fiberglass dash (design and functions classified)
Part 5. Replace gauges with lcd screen
Part 6. Customized A-pillar gauge pod with fold out screen (function classified)
Part 7. Custom fiberglass trunk structure (abilities/description classified)
Part 8. Custom built doors (style classified)
Part 9. Custom car security system (custom functions classified)
Part 10. Custom suspension system, most likely air bags
Part 11. Classified nighttime illumination mod
Part 12. Custom ignition system (style yet to be determined)

The Beginning

Stock:

Was going for a geeky comic book feel.

The Bumper: VIS Fuzion

I fought a lot for this bumper. It took forever to get it but when I got it I could not have been happier!

Test fit:

It was off a bit

I finally got it fitted and painted! That was a fantastic tuesday! I got my car back(felt like getting a new one), new ipods came out, and there was something else but I forget what it was. [headbang] It still isn't perfect but it's getting there. WOOT!

ON!:

Not in love with the mesh but I'll figure something out. Might make it dark gray or something in the end. I may just decide to go meshless.

Next step, spoiler.

SAP Spoiler: Now I've got a regular spoiler I can trade for a SAP if anyone is interested. I can throw in some cash too of course. I really want to get the spoiler next to balance the car out momentarily till side skirts and wheels come along. Any takers??? [popcorn] [8)]

That's all for now. More updates when they happen. SPACE

·
Fistpumping = 5whp
2,158 Posts
That sounds like of work. It looks like your car has the Chin of Jay Leno now. Or Quagmire. Giggity Giggity.

·
Registered
889 Posts
everything seems reasonable and im sure it will look very nice, didnt really get the stage 2 part 5, the lcd screen? u mean like digital gauges?

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Someone in the BST thread had a SAP rally spoiler for trade. Ill see if i can find the thread.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
I vote yes for the underglow. But if you do go with the ICELED UFO. Wont be kit for several miles. Trust me i had it more than worth the money and is expandable out the ass.

Also i think a drop needs to be somewhere in the very early stages. Because no one likes a 4x4 space cowboy ship ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
wish you luck. most people's "build threads" don't make it very far. I don't have a crazy amount of mods, and it took me around four years to get where I am now.

good luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
good luck, ive had my car for 10 months now and ive got new alloys, resprayed them, new angel eyes, tinted rear tail lights and side repeaters, got tints, lowered 40mm all round, sub and amp, new intake and other little mods like interior lights and numberplate bulbs, im looking to get exhaust next then who knows .. like some of ur ideas though :) respraying my wheels was the longest/hardest mod as was my first time and wanted to take my time make sure they looked ok. again good luck.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, here's some updates. I'm revising some of my plans due to unforeseen economy stuff(i'm broke, but I'm in college, so that makes it ok.) Before I do anything else, spoiler, skirts, wheels(all cost mucho money) I want to paint the grill dark gray, the the middle of the front bumper on the inside of the cowl(?) dark gray, the two mini grills on the outside dark gray, the lower middle section of the rear bumper dark gray, and the brake calipers orange. Along with that I'd like to get the dark gray vinyl overlays for the head and tail lights along with the blacked out side markers. Also like to get a shorty antena and one of those led liscence plate frames cause I'm a geek and it lets me be ma self. I'm also thinking about (eventually) getting some custom floor mats, dark gray with Focus in the middle in orange. (seeing a theme here?) Oh, do you guys think 100 something dollars is too much for custom floor mats? Opinions on all please... opinions on all. See pics for more details. Thanks, SPACE. Ah, almost forgot. Body match the grill and make the plastic grill part on the inside dark gray to match the dark gray of the mesh below.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i dont think 100 is too terribly bad for custom floor mats. dark gray will look good, and the entire color scheme goes well!

·
Registered
30 Posts
paint job on bumper doesn't quite match....makes me think about an entire repaint when I kit up. you need to paint the mesh in the bumper the same color as the mesh in the grille to tie everything in. still looks like it doesn't really belong on that fofo. not flaming you dude just an observation and suggestion.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
paint job on bumper doesn't quite match....makes me think about an entire repaint when I kit up. you need to paint the mesh in the bumper the same color as the mesh in the grille to tie everything in. still looks like it doesn't really belong on that fofo. not flaming you dude just an observation and suggestion.
What do you mean the paint doesn't match??? The bumper itself? ... The dern car isn't done yet. If i could get all the parts right now and put it together like i see it in my mind it would be awesome but I'm broke so... The friggin right side isn't perfect either, needs to be brought in more. Maybe if I didn't like in the most redneck part of the world and I could find some real professionals who know what they are doing and weren't in prison on work release, maybe then I could get a great job done the way I want it instead of.... whatever. It's a friggin focus. Not mad at you, sorry if it sounds like it, I'm just at a very frustrating point. The drill paint and mesh paint are the two things I'd like to get done first, asap. They are the main things bugging me, that's why I put em up here when i did. Doesn't help I don't know anything about painting anything. That body paint better be matched though. The bumper looks like it belongs to me... You want me to be frankly honest, and you can interpret this however you want, I don't think the rest of the car matches the bumper! It's like, the bumper is my idea of what this stupid car should be and the car is still a Ford Focus! So I'm sorry for my little rant here, it's just there are SO many people who don't see what I see for this car and so many little things always getting in the way of me making progress and finally achieving the ideal image of it, sometimes I just need to vent. So yea, it's cool man, I appreciate the insight, I need to know if it looks like the bumper paint doesn't match the car paint. I'll tell ya one thing that doesn't help at all. The bumper has no continuation of the fender creases, they just terminate at the crease between the two!!!!! How retarded is that?!?! I'm seriously considering fiberglassing the creases in. Maybe that's one big reason why it might look out of place? You tell me, I need to know. Thanks man, SPACE.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
just saw this thread, though i saw your car again in a thread not too long back and i did notice both things that a) the paint on the bumper looks slightly off (though it happens when you get a piece added and have to paint it. only way to fix it is to be blended into the fenders so there's no noticeable line between new and old paint, but don't worry about it if you plan to repaint the whole thing within a few years, or play with the bumper some more soon) and that the bumper, as you just said, doesn't have the crease there that goes around the wheel wells, which i find to be the biggest flaw in that bumper. anyways, plans sound interesting and i'll keep an eye out for your progress, it's different for sure.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, got some updates here. Posted some of this in another thread but I gotta keep this one current too. I got the SAP Rally wing. The price was decent for it being new though it's dark gray not silver. I really like that color gray and I think it is going to be the color I'm going to use on other parts of the car. Part of me wants to keep the wing gray but it will look a lot better if it's color matched. I have some pictures but they suck so i'm going to take some new ones today. As far as my plan goes I've decided that I need a more fluid approach to all this, something flexible... so now it is... magic. Still getting the gunsmoke overlays for the head and tail lights. Still painting the stock upper grill dark gray and the silver trim will be color matched. The lower grill and the two little side vent this will also be dark gray. The brake calipers will be orange and I've thought about painting my stockers dark gray but that would be a bit much so I'm just going to wait and get the gray rally rims. Still thinking of lowering the car maybe an inch, wouldn't mind having adjustable stuff... whatever it is, in the shocks. I still think it would be cool to have the inside of the wheels orange but whatever. Anyway, I'll get some pics up later. Thanks for reading, SPACE.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys, I've got some updates but I'm having a hard time settling on how I should lay all this out in this post. Should I just continue to edit and post things in the first post and if I just keep editing it will it show up in the forums as being updated? Know what I mean? I don't like all the information spaced out through the thread, too difficult for people to keep up with. Thanks. SPACE

1 - 20 of 41 Posts