Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I resently converted my auto zx5 to the 5 speed and now the check engine light is on(expected). I was talking to a friend about it and he told me he still has his SCT programer he used on the terminator cobra he used to have. My question is will it work on my 03 zx5 focus and if so would it just help with air/fuel, limiters or could i disable the auto functions also?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
no, it won't work. if he used it to tune his car, its locked to his vehicle. so he'd have to return his to stock to free up the tuner. if it was one of the SCT units w/ preprogrammed tunes and you could play with the fuel trims or mildly advance timing, it will be for the mustang ecu, not the focus ecu. so basically, no, that tuner will not work for you. if the tuner is unlocked, someone can write you a tune for your car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought and when he sold the car he didnt restore it to factory settings but he swears that its unlocked. I was hoping different though. Thanks for the help

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
its easy to tell. plug in the tuner to your OBDII port. then look up to see if device is either (it could say both depending on the model you have) "Married or Locked" or Unmarried or unlocked. that will tell you right quick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts