Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Focus production increased in August to meet demand. The Focus is the fastest selling product at Ford dealers, and dealers don't have the inventory to meet demand. Only 7,700 Foci were on dealer lots in August, across 3000 dealers. 10,000 Foci are in transit to dealers.

The production increases should help get dealer inventory closer to the high demand levels, but not until October or November.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sns-2012-ford-focus-availability-issue-waning-aut-20110906,0,167126.story

·
Registered
122 Posts
Focus production increased in August to meet demand. The Focus is the fastest selling product at Ford dealers, and dealers don't have the inventory to meet demand. Only 7,700 Foci were on dealer lots in August, across 3000 dealers. 10,000 Foci are in transit to dealers.

The production increases should help get dealer inventory closer to the high demand levels, but not until October or November.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sns-2012-ford-focus-availability-issue-waning-aut-20110906,0,167126.story
For sure.

Ordered mine Aug 2, it arrived at my dealer today.

Thats about 5 weeks 3 days.

When I was ordering it, I was told by my dealer that it would be 8-12 weeks.

When I called a dealer in a big city about 50 minutes from where I live, they told me it was realistically more like 12-14 weeks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear. Hopefully this means we'll soon see Focus sales figures catch up with the Cruze!
GM has a history of over-producing vehicles and relying on incentives to move them, which drives down resale values. Its one of the reasons GM drove off the cliff and into bankrupty, and into a Government bail out and Government ownership.

GM is running 3 shifts for the Cruze while Ford is running only 2 shifts for the Focus. Ford better manages inventory levels and tries to match supply with true demand, without relying on incentives or over reliance on rental car fleets.

The demand for the Focus is greater than the production, which should help with the long term resale values.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Right now I am driving a car that is still few and far between. I personnally like that. I don't look forward to the day where I see one every 5 minutes. I don't own stock in Ford, and I don't care if it becomes the top seller. I don't follow the masses, and usually consider myself an early adapter. When everyone has one you will see what I mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts