Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know im gonna get crap probably right off the bat for asking for installation help on this part but here goes. I got a obx throttle body spacer for next to nothing today, i am pretty positive it probably wont help with my performance but wanna see if it gives me the nice little whistle sound and maybe helps with gas mileage a little on long trips. Anyways, he doesnt have the bolts or gasket that the spacer comes with, and i was jw if i will need a gasket or not when installing it, or if i can go without? And will i also need longer bolts, will it sit my cold air intake up too high to close the hood? I dont think it will cuz i saw a car with one installed, and a cai on it also on youtube and it was fine. Any info is appreciated, i need the info on the bolts and the gasket though thanks-john

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ok, first off, a complete waste. it won't help w/ anything. but if you really want to install it, you will need a gasket and longer bolts. but seriously, you got scammed. you will get more power/better fuel efficiency from a v-tec sticker!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to b honest when it comes to building a 4cyl and adding parts that will help add power and help me get better efficiency i dont have much knowledge my old truck had a 351 v-8 so it was easy, this is new to me so cut me some slack.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
not tryin to sound bad, i promise, just sayin that on a fuel injected car (maybe w/ the exception on tb fuel injeciton) they are a waste. just tryin to save ya a bit of time. if ya have some time, read up on the stickies on them or google how they work. i was just tryin to add a bit of humor. but really, you don't wanna waste ur time. they pretty much only work on carb'd vehicles. or you can use it as a tap for nitrous if you want to spray after the TB.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks man, ya if i could take it back i prob would, well i will throw it on and hope it at least sounds nice lol. any recommendations to crank out a little more power than what i have? i have so far a exhaust 2.25 pipe all the way down to a greddy muffler with no resonator, a obx cold air intake with a spectre air filter (getting a aem dry flow soon), other than that its just had a tune up, and i have used fuel injector cleaner in the tank to help clean up fuel system and help acceleration improve. thats my main goal right now is to improve my acceleration a little, the car has 110,000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts