Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts

Click image above to view more information or purchase product

Here you will find all information relevant to this product. Please only post questions or information that will be useful to others who own or are considering purchasing this product. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does the slowing down of the other components affect their function? IE alternator charging ability, power steering pump etc etc.

How much advantage is this one over the singles pulleys that come with a belt?

Also is it possible to skip the AC pump all toghter and use a shorter belt, is it advisable or a bad idea.

Thanks

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
Yes, slowing down the accessories will affect their function. The alternator will output less amps, the a/c might not be as cold and the power steering might not be as soft. Keep in mind that this happens ONLY when the car is at idle. As soon as you're over 1,000rpm everything goes back to normal.

The 2pc. kit will yield 1-2whp more than the single pulley kit.

By using a shorter belt you can skip the a/c compressor. That is how non-a/c cars come from the factory.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
OK, if this pulley set offers more power than your single pulley kit, then how come the prices can be so close? Im going to order the 2 pc. set anyways.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
so total, how much HP will be gained with this? im getting these soon and wanna have a general idea without having to go to a dyno

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
I had a focussport UDP on my SVTF and I thought it fried my altanator. I took it off and installed the factory one back in and the altanator died again. I'm going to go ahead and get this set. I noticed that with the UDP, when your starting out from a light with the A/C on, there is no bogging in the engine when you first take off. Even with it off it is still somewhat noticeable. I drive with my A/C on almost constantly and just the fact that I don't have to rev super high to get the car going is enough justification for me.

I to have done business with CFM A++++++++++++++++

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Im thinking about getting one of these. How does the motor last? Are these heavy enough to dampen some of the vibrations?

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
good find i'll order one

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just got one kit and installed it while replacing my timing belt, but I got one question, why the difference in diameter size? ( smaller for the crank and bigger for the water pump)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would like to know the exact outer diameter of the CFM water-pump pulley.
Could someone please measure theirs?
Thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts