Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

not sure if this is the place to ask, MODS feel free to move if needed.

Im wondering if anyone has fitted a Procharger with a euro front bumper like the one on the ST170 as pictured. with a front mount also would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Sorry for my english i'm french and i have a svt (st170) in france and i already fitted a procharger on my focus it worked fine.
To install the procharger kit, this kind of front bumper can be used, but you will need to cut a small part of under the right lip of the bumper and the lower part of the blower will appear a little bit .
As for the front mount intercooler you will need to cut also a piece of the front bumper just in front of the intercooler.
And if you have the Euro AC compressor you'll have to remove the front AC compressor hoses. A US AC Compressor will be better if you want to keep the air conditionned.
Hope this will help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are some pics as you can see i cut a little part of the lower bumper to install the blower on and as for the external bumper pic you can see the FMIC is very close to the bumper calender, i had to cut as well the calender in order to stick it on the front bumper

Attachments

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
You should have no issues with the A/C on your Focus , you will have to trim the inner bumper some , I have seen this on the Turbo Foci I have done with that Bumper

Tom

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow that looks really good FFe91.

Would you happen to have some shots of the other side of the SC and any other photos of the car?

It looks really good. How much HP have you made with the setup?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are some pics, and the differents modifications i did when i was running the procharger. The pink arrows show my own spacers build to line up the blower pulley with the crank pulley.
As for the ac compressor i had to trim the front of the Ac, because on the euro ac compressor the lines are connected from the front. It was to fit and adjust the Ac adapter bracket.
I had to drill a new hole on the main bracket.
With this set up i pushed down 285 hp and 224ft lb.
i've been running focuspower turbo kit, for one year now with no issue, and i would like again to thanks Tom for the great job he did with the remote tune.
Sorry Tom for the delay you finished to tune my car a few months ago and i didn't have the opportunity to write about your good job.
I'm Fabrice from France do you remember me?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Tom

Just to let you know first i'm very happy with your kit and your tune, still no issue on stock engine.

The pics i sent was with my last procharger install, and i was saying to photn02 with the Euro bumper and euro engine the Ac compressor is different, the ac lines are connected from the front, the us ones are connected from the right side, this allows the ac adapter procharger bracket to seat correctly.

And if you want to swap the euro Ac comp with a us one, the electrical connector are different and the ac gears don't have the same size, that's odd because both euro model an us model use the same drive belt size.

To install my ac adapter bracket i had to trim the 2 holes where the ac lines were connected to have a plane surface and then fit the ac adapter bracket.

fabrice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts