Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today was a very mixed emotions day... i finally got my car back from my brother and all was well..... but ( and a very big one ) on the way back from skiing i was hearing a weird noise, i determined it to be the procharger... while dropping my friend off i was listening to it closer and it completley crapped out. bad . very bad. so thank god for AAA and free towing back to my house and i just spent the last 2 hours ripping out my pride and joy, the shaft play on the blower is ridiculous. the fins are all gnared up on the ends from grinding against the housing. AHHGGGGHHHH!! this sucks asdklfjasdf! time to send it out and get her fixed. maybe i should just go turbo , i think this is a sign

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im thinking the seals went bad and all the oil leaked out causing a bearing to go out on me... not completley sure tho

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
im thinking the seals went bad and all the oil leaked out causing a bearing to go out on me... not completley sure tho
Yeah that's probably happened to everyone who owns a Procharger ATLEAST once. I know my head unit was sent to get fixed by the previous owner for the same problem. They need to redesign the blower to make it more reliable than it already is...or isn't [dunno]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Wow I never knew there was an issue like this with the prochargers. Sucks man, hope you get it sorted out soon.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I must be part ProCharger cause I took a dump this morning [poke]

Just kidding.... Be absolutly SURE you go through the charge piping, intercooler and intake manifold and check to see if any fragments of the impellers may have made there way into them.

Also change your oil and filter... an engine flush would also bee a good thing. No sense in taking any chances with the motor.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
has anyone just rebuilt it themselves? can i get the parts from procharger and do it myself? doesnt seem like it would be to hard...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
has anyone just rebuilt it themselves? can i get the parts from procharger and do it myself? doesnt seem like it would be to hard...
I'm sure you can do that but what sucks is ATI is teh only one who sells the parts for it and they will charge you an arm and a leg. The guy that owned my unit before I bought it from him paid arounf $450 for a full rebuild on it. I would give ATI a call and get some prices.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I think ATI may need to do a better job on that rebuild. How many miles have you put on it since the last rebuild?

·
Registered
784 Posts
rebuild it, even if you decide to go turbo at least you can sell the blower and not just throw it away.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Could you have prevented this by any maintnance, just wondering, I too have been favoring the procharger???

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was just wandering if it gave any signs before it gave out, like leaking or loss of performance and such, might be considering turbo now!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts