Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the procharger isn't CARB legal. Now I live in Munster, IN so does this mean I won't pass emissions up here?!?!? I'm looking into getting the kit but must be legal. Also what does FMIC mean? I think it has to do with relocating the intercooler, but how low is it actually to the ground?!? Is it lower than the header on an SVT? I have never hit my header, it's scratched but I'm almost 100% pos that was from the previous owner. Anyone have any pics or info as tohow to change the placement of the intercooler or even the stock intercooler itself on the car?!? Thanks!
-Joe

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just installed my Procharger over the weekend. As far as I know the kit is NOT C.A.R.B. legal but I'm not sure if that automatically means you won't pass emissions. I had a friend tell me the other day that for cars after like '95 they just plug into the OBD and see if there are any codes like Check Engine. FMIC is Front Mount Intercooler, I have my car lowered and I haven't scraped anything yet. Hope this helps.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Yah that's what I heard around here also but just making sure. Also how low is your car?!? Mine is 2.25" lower than stock, and there are SOME bad areas around here but nowhere where I scraped a header or anything. So as long as it's the same hight as the header I should be ok. Thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm

Unless the California Smog-Nazi's have been allowed reach all the way out to Indiana...which, I'm sure they would love to, the other 49 states need not worry about this carb crap.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, CARB is just for the CA people...

As far as an FMIC, generally speaking you'll rip the bumper off before you bust your intercooler...

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet. thanks again! I am debating on this summer or next. I bought a full exhaust setup and a tune so we'll see how I like that before I go spend another 3g on the car lol.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ lmao...if I could Scott I would, but I have noone else that lives in any other state that I know that would do that. so I'm sol. but apparantly I'm legal anywho so it's all good ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
avengerc4 said:
I bought a full exhaust setup and a tune so we'll see how I like that before I go spend another 3g on the car lol.
Trust me on this one...NA mods will not compare. Even having a good NA setup in the past, it was no match to going FI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts