Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is just a couple of the many pics I took during install. I changed the piping around a few times, so I will post up more pics soon.

Edit: The intercooler is a Precision Turbo & Engine 26.5x6.2x3.5, PN AS-1021. Picked it up for $220 and had it at my door the next day. When I got my Procharger they sent me the wrong tubing and I had to get the right tubing sent to me, so I had a lot of extra lying around. I used mostly that, but alot of the tubing is soft, so I will probably have a shop bend me some hard pipes eventually. As you can see in the pics the only way the intercooler is mounted is with some custom brackets out of 1/4" x 1" flat stock. Just drilled some holes and it is mounted to the front bumper support. It is very solid and isnt going anywhere. I went through aobut 3 or 4 different setups for the piping, evertime I did it I would go to put the bumper on and it would hit the foglights. So the pics arent the final setup, except the last one which you cant see the piping. The only tube I had to cut was the one with the Bypass Valve on it, so I could remount it, it is on the opposite side of the intercooler now.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Frickin HOT.

·
Registered
498 Posts
THAT'S JUST F'N SWEEEET!!!!!!!!!!![thumb]

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Where's the drooling smilie at when you need it, lol. Freakin sweet setup man! [:D]

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Im thinking about using one of those myself.............can you tell a difference on it? Does it run that much better?

·
Registered
354 Posts
VERY VERY NICE!!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Piranha_SC said:
Im thinking about using one of those myself.............can you tell a difference on it? Does it run that much better?
Well, right now I am just running a base tune from Wayne, and it isnt running quite right as of right now. So after I get the 15 lb pulley on it, more than likely this weekend, I will have it dyno tuned so I know that it is running right and safe.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
holy shit 15lb where did you find that thing

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I want that.

·
Registered
651 Posts
That looks awesome! I'm going to have to take out my lower grill occasionally when I get the FS turbo installed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
yay I helped and I took those pics. BTW this car is really slow I just rode in it. J/k its a bada$$ car. And it is a fast focus too.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts

That pic just looks incredibly sexy. I love it!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like that in that pic you can see all three black Fords my family drives. The 500 is my moms, and the exploder is my dads daily driver.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
so what are you thinking that you will put down on the dyno?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts