Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I did a search and couldnt really find the answer I wanted. I'm interested in the procharger kit, but I saw that it's mounted really low. My car is a daily driver year round. I was just wondering if the clearance would be an issue at all. I drive in all conditions, meaning rain, and snow in the winter (I usually get caught in snow storms and will drive in it no matter what). I just wanted to ask before hand, preferably from someone with the kit actually on there car, if this would be a practical kit to have on my car judging from the conditions I drive in.

·
Registered
743 Posts
from what i seen its not that low. i spent alot of time under my car. what i see its at least flush with everything else.

·
Registered
348 Posts
x2 It is higher than the lowest point on the underside of my car.

Everyone here is concerned with "omg, the IC is too low...this kit sux dawg". How many of them have actually seen one? Few, if any I'm sure.

For the record, I've NEVER rubbed my IC on anything, including some killer speed bumps.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. This has definetly helped my decision, and I'm gonna go for it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
do a search again, i posted pics with a perfect shot of the i/c. it's not that bad at all. i want to fab a bracket so i make sure there are no problems. i love the system though and would DEFINATELY recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
richiejerzee4lfe said:
do a search again, i posted pics with a perfect shot of the i/c. it's not that bad at all. i want to fab a bracket so i make sure there are no problems. i love the system though and would DEFINATELY recommend it to anyone.

That picture is the one that makes me reconsider the procharger. It actually wasnt the intercooler I was worried about just cause I was gonna do the front mount conversion on it, I was more worried about the blower itself. It might just be the angle, but it looks like it hangs lower than the front bumper in that picture, and that just makes me nervous. It just makes me nervous cause like I said, I drive my car daily and year around, and I dont wanna get stuck in a snow storm or something and have the thing get messed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
well it doesn't seem like your car is lowered nor is mine. the piping only sits 1" below the front bumper. i'm a little worried about the snow too as my car is also dd year round but unless you hit a curb or run into like a snow bank. i'm going to look into possibly fabing a bracket that sits in front of the piping just in case. i bought my p/c from mike (b16sir1991) and i think he lives in NC. i'm pretty sure he said he drove his car all the time in the snow and NEVER had a problem with it. look him up as i know he can help you with your decision.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am actually lowering my car as soon as I get back from vacation, which is part of the reason I was worrying about clearance issues. I'm supposed to be trading the eibach prokit springs I have for a set of intrax springs, so it's gonna be a bit lower if I do decide to go that route. A custom bracket is a good idea though, I think someone on Focajet had one, I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm lowered 1.6 in the front, 1.4 in the rear. You'll be ok overall the only thing I would be wary of is in regards to the IC's flap...which could collect some snow.

The big thing to watch out for is curbs and when parking (which, if you had something with a FMIC, you'd be doing the same thing anyway).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts