Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got in m,y 3.2inch pulley from procharger. and i was wondering how the heck you get tha stock pulley off??

decription, steps, and picture would be FAnatic!!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Gotta use an impact gun. It's on there hella tight and hand tools won't work. Save the old little metal key. You may need to use that one. The new one doesn't come cut to size.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the top bolt/washer off... what heck am i suppose ot impact/.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about putting on the pulley, what does that consist of? putting it in its place and smacking it? lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
DON'T smack it,you will kill the bearings in the sc, put it on and use the bolt to pull it on.

·
Registered
387 Posts
i agree if it dont slide on easily just tighten the bolt until its on good or i guess you cuold try to push it on but i wouldnt hit it

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If you took the bolt off the pulley should come right off. If not take a mallet and bang the bottom of the pulley until it loosens up then slide it off. You will have to reuse the bearing and the metal key for the new pulley. You don't need a gear puller or any of those other typ of tools. All you need is some elbow grease. It's not hard to do at all. When you put the new one on tighten it as tight as you can get it. You may have to use some air tools to tighten it. You don't want that thing loose.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im not going to pull it by the bolt, my next guess would be to get a pulley puller. but if i cna use a rubber mallet ( my best friend when taking rusted bolts off the car) then i will do it... but im affraid that if i use the mallet to try to get it off, would i bend anything on it?

if not then im try it tonight when i get home.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Do not hit it at all with anything. Try graphite lube or WD40. I was able to wiggle mine off, and put a new one on.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I decent 3 armed pulley puller will cost you like $18 from your local Pepboys. Just go pick one up. You'll also use when removing the half shafts from the front knuckles if you ever need to.

You have a blown car, your not a been, do things right.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
okay guys, i got it pulled and i re-used the sqaure key... not i got the 3.2" pulley in... the 2.5" is just sitting around... ill keep that for later on when/if i decide to up it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts