Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
procharger PICTURES

well, there are a couple of things i've noticed after the required 500 mile break-in:
- there is DEFINATELY more power in the car
- gas mileage isn't affected unless you're constantly on the thottle
- i've adjusted my driving a very little and have no problems bottoming out or hitting the pipes/intercooler (this is amazing considering i live in utah and these driveways here are at a ridiculous angle, all of them)
- the noise has calmed down a bit from the break-in
- i can roast the tires all the way through first
- daily every day driving hasn't been effected at all aside from the fact that i need a new clutch

on the flip side
- you have to be nearly wot to get all of the power in any gear
- i don't get full boost until 7000 rpm's
- the idle is a little abnormal
- hanging revs (probably the tune)
- drinks gas when you decide to play
- still a bit noisy even after first oil change
- getting the oil in it after you empty it is a PITA
- you can see a little bit of the piping in front of the car (sucks if you're trying to be incognito)

i am going to get it dynoed soon and will probably bring it to the track the same week. keep in mind i'm gonna use a mustang dyno (lack of options) and we are 4,875 ft above sea level so all of my numbers are going to be off a bit. i'll post times and numbers soon.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
prob modular madness. there's another shop on state st where i did my first though so i might go there too.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Hey Richard, you need to post up some pictures of that. Theres quite a few people that would love to see it. Also, you can submit them to Procharger and have a pretty good chance to get on the site itself. Sent mine in and its on there. Id like to see it, especially being yellow. May want to consider painting the maf tube the same color as the car, i did that and it looked great. Also, i like how your informing people of what the likes and dislikes are.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Paint the stuff you can see under the car flat black and it will help hide it ( if you want )

Getting the oil back in ::: Get a pump ( looks like a giant metal grease gun with a hose ) for putting oil back into trannys and rear ends. You can fill it with the fluid, then just get the hose end in the hole and compress the pump handle and it will " shoot" the fluid in there )

I would like to see some pics , too. I like everything about that blower except the noise ( no stealth )

·
Registered
582 Posts
viney266 said:
I would like to see some pics , too. I like everything about that blower except the noise ( no stealth )
It's a bad alternator. [;)]

My buddy used that one on his 550rwhp C5 Z06 and it worked.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
click on post reply and scroll down until you see the 'browse' option

good luck on everthing [thumb]

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
looks good man...
now post some numbers dyno numbers

·
Registered
714 Posts
THE BEST pics of procharger install ever!!!!
Thanx!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just wanted to bring this back for those who have clearance q's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts