Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cars been acting really strange lately. the shift light stays on despite the fact that im in fifth gear (its not an svt), the coolant warning light (you know, the little yellow "!") comes on when my car gets left out in the cold for even a small amount of time, the battery light comes on when i listen to music with the car off, and the most alarming, during hard acceleration, the car feels like the rev limiter is hitting when it is far from 6750 rpm. the rpm also goes up and down when the car is in neutral. the rpm fluctuates at idle from 750 to about 1250 and then settles around 750. its no fun to drive like this, if you can offer any advice, please do, it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
hhmmm, sounds like you're up a sh!t creek without a paddle. Take 'er into the shop and drop trou b/c with wierd mysterious electrical/drivetrain problems they can bend you over pretty good.

·
Registered
816 Posts
How many miles do you have? Do you still have warranty left?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Problems

You could take it to one of the auto parts stores that hooks cars up to the tester. That way you may have an idea. I will say, getting something like this fixed if a code does not come up is often expensive.

It sucks for you and the mechanic though. I worked at a Ford dealer doing services, alignments and other light mechanical stuff. The mechanics hated those electrical problems, water leaks and mystery rattles so much. The mechanic loses money too. They usually take more time than they get paid for it.

Good luck though. Keep us updated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts