Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just picked up my new Focus titanium about three weeks ago and since then i have had numerous occasions where my phone (droid x) will disconnect from the Bluetooth audio and in turn cause my usb slots not to work. The Bluetooth phone commands still work and so does the AM/FM and CD, but bt audio and usb don't. I brought it back twice and they did a master reset but the problem still occurs. was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem?[?|]

·
Registered
416 Posts
Droid and Sync issue

Haven't experienced that exact problem (yet), but have seen similar problems where the phone doesn't stay sync'ed. My USB connected iPod also drops occasionally. So far the solution has just been turning the car off, reseting the connections, then turning the car back on.

Be interesting to see other replies.

·
Registered
185 Posts
motorola droid, mine started with BT audio working fine, now only the phone function works, anytime you try to access it from the media center, it disconnects my phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sync issues

Sometimes my bluetooth doesn't disconnected properly and I have to reboot my phone to get connected again. The other thing that happened about 2 weeks ago was worse! Got into the car and the nav screen didn't come on. We turned the car on and it still didn't come on. We had to hold down the power button for about a min then it finally started up. The sync logo came on the screen with a installing update message. Since that happened it's locked up twice and I had to pull the fuse to get it to work. Just had it in for service so hoping it's fixed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had the same thing happen 3 times. The USB music 'appears' to be playing fine, but no sound can be heard. Removing the fuse is the only thing that fixes it for me. I'm hoping the new MFT update fixes this. I hope to get the update in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Use my iPhone 3GS to connect via bluetooth regularly. The Bluetooth audio stream occasionally has an annoying delay. One thing that seems to help is to start playing music on the phone before switching to bluetooth audio on the MFT. It's about 50/50 on the first try. But always works on the second try (I'll see my phone name show up on the bluetooth tab at that point). Once it connects, it's flawless on a reconnect after stopping and getting out of the car and then getting back in.

Had similar problems in my wife's Edge. In fact, the problems in hers are much worse. She's got the Nav and backup camera. I don't. I think the system is a little buggy with all of the options attached.

·
Registered
967 Posts
When I was first considering this car I looked around the net for all kinds of info and remember reading somewhere that the droid and sync don't like each other much. That won't really help people with one, but would at least confirm their problems.

Not that I'm saying go get a new phone, but if you were to consider one I just wanted to pass on that I read the galaxy s II is 100% compatible with sync.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have an iphone and my bluetooth audio almost never works when I try it. I started to just forget about it because it got too annoying to sit there and mess with it and it does nothing. I will have to try what someone else said about the second try though. You are not alone, it happens with iphones too so maybe it is the feature in the car itself.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
make sure to register on syncmyride.com and also to visit your cell phone carriers to get any software updates. also get your new Sync upsate. these 3 things should help you out!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hmm I am registered to the syncmyride.com but I have not really been on it at all since the day I picked up my car. I will make sure to get the other updates you mentioned. thanks!

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Hmm I am registered to the syncmyride.com but I have not really been on it at all since the day I picked up my car. I will make sure to get the other updates you mentioned. thanks!
on syncmyride.com there is a features tab. once clicked on check and see your phone's compatibility. it may not be compatible yet

·
Registered
128 Posts
on syncmyride.com there is a features tab. once clicked on check and see your phone's compatibility. it may not be compatible yet
Eventhough the bt audio has worked a couple times before? I didn't mention that earlier, but it has worked before and now I get nothing at all.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Eventhough the bt audio has worked a couple times before? I didn't mention that earlier, but it has worked before and now I get nothing at all.
yup. i had isues with my Droid until i got my verizon software update. after that it was perfect.

·
Registered
185 Posts
From my experience with my droid, it almost has to be an issue with MFT. If you pull the fuse, it'll work again for a few days. If MFT resets itself and does the maintenance screen, it'll work for a few days. Once it stops working, you can't do anything to the phone to make it work. I have tried:
reboot
flashing new rom
flashing old rom
flashing stock rom
flashing rooted rom

all to no avail. the only way to get it to work is to reset the MFT. Getting the new MFT update saturday, so maybe that will help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts