Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2008 Focus S Automatic transmission. Today when I jumped in it, I put it in reverse to back out and what happened is it feels like it hesitates to go from park to reverse. It sorta reverses but jerks like it is a manual then *Clunks* and then goes into reverse. What could this be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The info I got from the dealership states it has been routinely maintenced, nothing big has been repaired :S

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Well, first guess would be take a look at your transmission fluid. Make sure that it is nice and red and not low.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If you happen to accidentally "goose" the gas B4 it has time to shift, that is what'll happen with MOST automatic transmissions.... Not ALL, but most....

JUST to test this possibility, which may NOT be what's happening with yours, try shifting again, making sure your foot is on the brake until AFTER you feel it shift into reverse...

THEN give it gas & see how it feels....

Luck!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I recently purchased a 2008 Focus S Automatic transmission. Today when I jumped in it, I put it in reverse to back out and what happened is it feels like it hesitates to go from park to reverse. It sorta reverses but jerks like it is a manual then *Clunks* and then goes into reverse.
Hi dotsonmw01,

Congrats on the new-to-you Focus! Since you are concerned, you may want to visit your local dealer to make sure there are no underlying issues. Let me know if I can answer any questions!

~Natasha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts