Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rev limiter in neutral wont work so i can get that perfect launch, i justed used the sct on my 2001 zetec focus and for somereason it wont 2-step, i hooked it up to my brothers svt focus and i set his rev limit to 7400 rpm that worked on mine aswell then i set my rev limit in neutral to 3500 and tuned it in. I started my bros svt and it worked it had a 3500 rev limit when the clutch was in, i returned my bros car to stock then did it to mine the same way. I started it up and it didnt work it revd to 7400 but did not 2-step at 3500 when clutch is in if anyone knows anything about this problem PLEASE HELP ME!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
are you using the sct software too, or is it a tune you purchased that somone else did?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shortened it up. No it is a a 9415A SF XCAL2 and i am using that your supposed to set it and it work but its not its not a custom tune it is one that is built into the programmer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
SVT and regular zetecs have different ECUs... engine codes are different so you probably wont be able to do a lot of stuff with just the XCAL2 unless you get it reflashed specifically for your car's engine code

1 - 5 of 5 Posts