Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,
I recently had my alternator to die on me on my 2003 svt. I got the car to a garage to have it replaced and since then I've had troubles with it. The problem is: once in a while the alternator wouldnt charge at all (car is running off the power of the battery). It begins on the startup of the car so I can verify if the alternator is charging with my DMM (voltage at the battery poles) before I move with the car. When system is not charging, I would usually turn off the car and restart it two or more times and then it starts charging. The rest of the time, the car is acting peerfectly fine and I vhave no voltage fluctuations. When alternator is charging on startup, its working for as long as the car is still running.

CAn the new alternator cause that intermitent problem ? >Cause its the only part that got changed so it leads me to think its faulty but I'd prefer to be sure before I send it back to the garage. Did it ever happened to any of you ?
Thanks a lot for your replies !

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Wiring can cause problems, the three wire connector to the alternator in particular.

Look at past comments on the "alternator pigtail connector" for some info. on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts