Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After countless pulls datalogging, I have now PROVEN that my intake manifold is causing my problems. The car runs flawless all the way to 5800ish, bogs until 6100 (like a rev limiter), and then SCREAMS above 6100.

Will this be solved if I were to lower the changeover to where theres not so must pressure in the manifold?

The only other people I know whom have/had problems with the SVT manfiold is 03OrangeSVT.

Tom - on your turbo setups when does the manifold switch? Also, approximately what boost would be at that RPM?

Thanks

·
Registered
523 Posts
My change over is set to 5k. Try lowering it.

·
FF Affiliate
31,178 Posts
Much Much lower then 5800 , play around with 4850 to 5000 it seems to depend a lot on the turbo

Not saying it isnt but doubt it is the manifold bogging it

Take a wire and wire your manifold open and go drive it and see what happens this will let you know for sure

Tom

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
i believe he is actually running a custom vortech setup, so that may make a difference in where it is set.

·
Registered
615 Posts
i hate the manifold. i having problem with it. i dont know what your problem. but im having vac problems. than a manifold at 17,000 pieces to. lol stupid ford for have a plastic manifold. yes it saves money and very easy to make o i forgot about heat. o well

good luck trying to find out whats wrong

·
FF Affiliate
31,178 Posts
I have no problem with these manifolds , I making over 320HP to the wheels with one and others doing it as well with my tunes

Most of the time it comes down to a tune issue not a manifold issue

If you have 17,000 pieces ill bet it backfires with a bad tune or one that was being worked on , I have plugged this manifold and tested it to 40psi at 115 Deg and it didnt bust

Tune baby its all in the tune , The SVT is a strange brew to tune and you have to be willing to spend the time with it

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts