Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I've had my Focus MK2 (2006) bought brand new with a Sony CD 6000 that looks like this: http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/8610517000_1328551595.jpg

I also purchased the Bluetooth add-on for this stereo, and it has worked mostly fine (with several resets, when the Voice function became unavailable, I know all about the process).

This time around however, the problem is slightly different.

I was playing around "keeping things tidy" and wanted to debond all old phones, leaving only my current phone bonded. Accidentally, I debonded it as well, and now I'm stuck in the following situation:
1. When I press the phone button, it says "No Phone"
2. When I try to press the Menu button after pressing the Phone button, nothing happens (used to be able to access the phone bluetooth meny from there)
3. When I scan for Bluetooth devices, I get "Ford Audio", but when I attempt to connect, is fails (it used to give me a pin to enter to the phone before)
4. When I enter the Voice menu with the Dial Name command, it says "No phone connected. Command cancelled"

I have spent the last couple of hours looking for a solution but noone seems to have the exact same problem. Usually it's either the Voice command not working (resetting/unplugging fuses/battery solves it), or it's just guys who are trying to figure out whether they have a Bluetooth module at all. I KNOW I have it, since I have used it since I bought the car.

I took it to the local Ford mechanic and they're telling me the Bluetooth module is dead, and I need to purchase a new one. Since I can't still quite believe it died at the exact same time that I debonded all phones, I suspect it's more of a firmware issue, and it may need some sort of kick in the right direction...Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, not sure if I made myself clear. I'm the first and only owner of the car, and the stereo and the bluetooth module came with it. It just stopped working recently, under the circumstances I described...thanks though, but any other suggestions? Except for getting a new BT module, which costs 300+ EUR...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said they did that at the service center. But I'm going to try that anyway, if you think there's a chance. I read somewhere that I need to wait 15-20 mins. Do I turn off the radio as well? Also, could you point me to the electricity schematic, so I know which fuse to pull?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Your best bet is to check your owners guide for the fuse for the Bluetooth module. We didn't get factory Bluetooth till 2008 over here.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Look on your phone in the Bluetooth menu and delete or forget the "Ford audio" you are tryingto connect to. Then search for new Bluetooth device like it was the first time. This is usually the fix for when I see when peoples phones get disconnected or unpaired.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Look on your phone in the Bluetooth menu and delete or forget the "Ford audio" you are tryingto connect to. Then search for new Bluetooth device like it was the first time. This is usually the fix for when I see when peoples phones get disconnected or unpaired.
His problem is now the Bluetooth system won't go into a pairing mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts