Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what problems should i expect when i finish my turbo project? My car will go under the knife in a few weeks.. I wanna to know what to expect besides blowing my motor but im having a good tuner tune it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Make sure you have a bead roll on all the ends of the tubes to prevent them from blowing off under boost...thats the best non-svt advice I can give..

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
I dont agree, I make about 25+PSI and never have them blow off and dont have a bead on any pipes

If the piping is clean and the hose is a quality hose then they will stick and wont come off

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The BIGGEST problem I've seen is most peoples right foot starts turning to lead.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
what if its already lead?

·
Registered
666 Posts
1turbofocus said:
I dont agree, I make about 25+PSI and never have them blow off and dont have a bead on any pipes

If the piping is clean and the hose is a quality hose then they will stick and wont come off

Tom
I agree 100% - you even advised me to use a brake cleaner, and sand paper and it worked GREAT! A Bead roll is just a precautionary measure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my piping already have a bead. What do you mean about lead? Are you reffering to the fuel? Another Q's will my stock fuel pump hold up to 10lbs of boost? Can i expect fuel cut?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts