Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just recently had my oil change , not sure if its relevant ..Either way..At start up and at a stop my car starts tryint to bog eventually dying..I've tried giving it a rev to keep it alive , but it doesnt respond at throttle enough to keep it alive..It only happens ''sometimes''
When I changed my oil I ran some STP fuel injector cleaner if that matters any..Oh and I dont get anything on my dash as far as an indicator....Im trying to sell my car , couldnt have been better timing[?|] If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Do you have the stock tune still?? This is a common problem with the car if it's a stock tune. Sorry to hear you're selling.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the STP but just FYI....Chevron Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner, FTW.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost wana say it had something to do with my cai install..It started doing it a little after I installed it..I noticed my cai not wanting to stay in the same place , always shifting and moving a few inches here and there..So im thinking I had an air leak somewhere..I just changed it back to my short ram obviously less chance for it to leak, and when I first started it it bogged just a bit but it recovered quickly after ..And hasnt done it since then..Then again that was yesterday and havent had enough time to confirm its ok..Today I started her up and no problemo...Hopefully that solved it..On a side note does anyone know anyone with any extra O-rings for our thermo housing??

·
Registered
415 Posts
It could be your IAC gone bad which would cause that or your cai is prolly not mounted tightly enough and the sensor may also be loose and need to be tightened. Also Disconnect the bat for about an hour and reconnect it and see if it helps any. That what my friend said to try on any car if its doing what yours does.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Moved to: "Ford Focus Technical Chat"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts