Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! my name is Diego. I'm from Argentina, so first of all, excuse for my poor english. I will try to do my best effort so you can understand me.
I have a Ford focus, S model (the simplest model which is sold in Argentina). Some days ago I upgraded the car's audio. I replaced the original speakers for 2 pairs of 6,5" component speakers and two 12" woofers. All the speakers are powered with 2 amplifiers. I kept the original HU because the SYNC functions.
The problem that I'm having is that the SYNC voice, has a low volume. For example, I'm hearing music at a normal volume, and when I receive a phone call the volume is too low, so I have to increase the volume to the maximum to hear something, but it still continue hearing low.

Someone I happen? how I can fix it?

Thank you very much !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you run a line output converter and did you wire it into the rear door speakers? I did this and sync was too quiet to use and when I wired it into the front speakers it is fine.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much.
Yesterday I connected another hi/low converter, and I took the signal from the front speakers, and the SYNC volume get normalize.
Now, I have a hi/low adapter with I take from the front speakers, connected to a 4 channel amplifier, which has 2 pairs of component speakers connected to it, and a hi/low adapter taken from the back speakers, which is connected to a monoblock amplifier and two 12" woofers connected to it.
Is the connection ok??

·
Registered
4 Posts
It should be fine if you have no extra noise. You could eliminate the rear line out converter and just split 1 rca between the subs and the rear speakers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean to use only one hi/low adapter, and split the RCA between the 2 amplifiers that I have ?

Also I have engine noise through the tweeters. I tried a lot of things but I couldn't solve this problem.

Does it happen to you ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea, I run a 4-channel LOC back to my 5 channel amp and just split it using a 2 male/1 female. I am running all the mids thru one RCA and the other RCA goes to the sub, only thing I lose is if I fade it to back all I hear is bass but left and right are correct. You could split it off 1 RCA to front speakers and other RCA to sub and back speakers to fix the control front and back as well.

I actually have my dash and interior apart right now trying to find and fix my noise, so yea I have this problem. Mine does it when the car is running and does it with radio on or off. I tried a ground loop isolator and it did nothing and made the music sound awful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you again for your answer.
In my case, the noise is when the amplifiers are on. and the sound is transmitted only through the tweeters.
When I accelerate the car, the sound increase.
I tried changing the amplifier negative wire, changing RCA, changing HI/LOW adapter, but nothing works.
If you can solve the problem, can you help me please ?, because I'm really worried because this problem...
Thank you very much !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the video !
I tried something similar. I connect a wire to the RCA and the end of it to the car chassis, but the noise continues.
The video, says to connect a wire to the pin of the RCA (positive), and the end of the wire it loose ? is that correct ? I will tray this
The power wire is in the opposite side than the RCA wires. I also tried to change the site where amplifier ground wire connect, and I sanded the chassis to get better ground contact.

I tried to connect my iphone direct to the amplifier and there wasn't engine sound, So I discard problem of amplifier, speaker wires, or speakers.

I think that the problem are the Hi/low adapters, but are NEW, so may be, as there are connected just below the speaker, may be the central console of the car, or even the stereo can cause interference with the adapters.
I think I will try to connect the adapters away from the stereo to test if the noise stop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts