Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have an issue starting their PZEV. It's happened about 3 times in 3 weeks that I've had it; I get in.. I press the clutch... turn the ignition... and then wahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahcccaahh!! Today it took roughly 1-2 seconds for the engine to fire up. The problem occurs so irregularly that I think that it'd be a waste of time to take it back to the dealership. It's almost like (with my lack of car knowledge) my engine isn't waking up. I put about 2300 miles in roughly three weeks because I hit Hwy 80 from Union City, Ca. to Davis, Ca. (roughly 85 miles). Do you think I might be pushing it? I hit 105 once a few days ago, but other than that keep it below 75. Do you think it might be under warrenty?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Basically, if there's no obvious sign of abuse, everything will be under warranty. By all means, take a closer look at your warranty information or call your local dealership. I've got an extended 75,000m bumper to bumper with a $100 deductable. Don't have to pay the deductable for another 30,000 miles, or something.

Anyway, trying to get a dealer to see it your way is alot harder than one might expect. There has to be a very clear defect for them to assume responsibility for repairs. I've had a couple of problems, so far. The only of which that they'd fix was a broken temperature guage (my avatar).

G'luck w/ the Focus. Try not to kill any squirrels at 105mph. It's messy.[;)]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Is it cold out? There is a known issue with cold air causing longer starts.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Your problem is Davis, CA.. that place hates cars, I avoid it!

jk

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah im in Cali also near oakland/hayward and eveyonce ina while it will be so cold out i'll get a rough start, its nothing to worry about your car will adjust if nesisary i went to the ford dealership (Shamrock Ford Dublin) and the servece rep said theres no problem just that the PZEV runs at a higher temp then standard to get the cats hot enough so if its colder then usual it will take a few seconds to start up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts