Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 02 zts been workin on. when i bought the car it was at a junk yard it was a good price so i said hell why not...turns out the car was stolen and in process of being striped. cops busted the party and now a year or so later i got it. turns out the gas tank was sabotaged with sugar. got all that cleaned up and put back like it was. got the motor all back togather went to start the car it ran for a minute and shut off. got a new battery and some odds and in parts that i still needed. got all that on there and started it up again this time it ran for about 30sec. then died again... now the car wont start at all. it trys to start but will not turn all the way over. about the second or thrid try the car will back fire... does anyone have any ideas that might be causing this problem?

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Is the motor still turning?

If so, I'd (BE VERY CAREFUL) disconnect the fuel line under the hood and have an assistant turn the key ON to verify that the fuel pump was pumping fuel at all.

After that, I'd have to verify compression. You could have an evil coincidence.

I'd seriously consider finding an engine as well, although if sugar hasn't stopped the pistons from moving, then it probably won't.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it still turns. i got a new fuel pump on it and its got fuel pressure. its gettin the gas it just won't start still. i had to put a crank sensor in it cause the motor didnt have one on it. some one told me that some of the motors they made had a spacer in between the crank sensor and where it going in at. they said that the flywheel may have hit the sensor and broke it off. u think that could be it?

·
Registered
784 Posts
if the fuel is making it to the cylinders than i would move on to the ignition system. plugs, wires, coil..etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checked it all. even tried changing the ignition switch and all. just went and checked the crank sensor again, and the tip of the sensor is broke off. so i guess it is suppost to have a spacer in there. anyone know anything about that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts