Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i order a 2.5'' trubenz exhaust and it sounds great i have had it on my car for over 3k miles with out any problems

when i installed it the end of the tail pipe was about 2 inches behind the bumper... i have called them with no answer back

so about at mile 2300 i stopped to fill up and when i walked back to my car i noticed that there was something odd by my tip... it was melting the bumper!!!!

with another 300 miles to go in my trip( family vacation) there was nothing i could do... i kept checking on it but everytime i did my heart sank alittle more... so after a 9 hour drive i am finally home with about a 2 inch missing section by the tail pipe..

is there anytthing i can do to help stop it from melting more? i am going to call trubenz again....
[bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
you can take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a small section to bring the tip to the proper position, idk how much that would cost, but its something that would fix it sooner rather than later

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
^What he said.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Bummer, mine is resting against the bumper as well but I have had no problems, and I drive all day everyday (35K a year)

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Actually i just looked and its close but not touching, heres what mine looks like.
Yours is prob a lot worse?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
From what it seems I think his exhaust actually ends behind the bumper, like putting the normal FSWerks exhaust on an SAP car type of thing.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Maybe swing by an autoparts store and buy an exhaust tip? If it's as flush as the above picture, however, you may have some trouble getting clearance.

Mine is close on my stock 2011...but not THAT close to the bumper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts