Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the K&N FIPK on my wife's 2003 ZX5 zetec. Now the check engine light comes on. I have double checked the clamps and fasteners and they are all tight. What gives?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
did you unplug the maf, with the battery connected....for a cel, probably due to the maf.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Just a heads up. I had the K&N FIPK and found out that you cannot install a strut bar
with it.......thats if you were planning to sometime in the future.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry...the PZEV is my car...a ZX3....my wife has a ZETEC ZX5....I think the problem may be the strut bar...the carbon fiber intake keeps hitting the strut bar, causing the piece to come loose and come off. H&N is working on a FIPK for the PZEV....they had my car for two weeks and have worked out the bugs for the manual...they have an automatic focus up the now and are dyno-ing it....the kit should be released in the next few weeks.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Had the same problem with mine, not enough room and eventually the strut bar DOES knock the TB section loose.....bingo CEL. Until K&N changes their design you cannot have a strut bar with the FIPK.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To solve the problem I reinstalled the stock intake tube, but left the K&N cone filter and metal box in place. Worked like a charm. No more rubbing or bumping of the intake tube. Car runs better now. I am going to email Max at K&N and let him know about this design defect. Hopefully they will improve the kit so it will work with the STB.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts