Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i have a new problem in my focus, i live in latin america, and i have this problem the ignition cylinder its stuck i cant turn the key to start the car [mad], what i can do because if we change a new cylinder (i have to buy it in USA, because here nobody sell part for focus) i have to program the new keys and erase the old keys information in the computer car, but i dont know who and where here in Nicaragua can make that, can you help tell me if i can do it for myself or if i can go to locksmith copy the information of the key chip in a new blank key and this new key have to work with the new cylinder. can you hel please are know what i can do???? [dunno]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Ford came out with a more reliable ignition cylinder. The key hole is centered on the new one. The key hole is offset on the old one [golly I hope I got that right] PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG

When the cylinder is bought from Ford, you can set up to use your old original key.
The PATS sensor is not changed therefore there is no need to do any programming. In other words, the replacement cylinder comes without any keys.

There are other people here that will tell you how to remove that cylinder, maybe there is a sticky

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You could get a key made without the PATS thing and then send it to whereever you will order the cylinder from and say "fit the cylinder to the key"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts