Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The crankshaft sensor has gone on the car so i fitted a new one it started up first time the engine was running perfect put it into gear drove about 100 yards down the road and the engine completely shut down no breaks power steering or nothing ...pulled the cranksharft sensor back out and the top plastic bit was missing off it and you could see that on the sensor there was little shavings of metal on it ....can anyone tell me what this is and why this has happend and how i can fix it the car is a ford focus ztec 1.6 on a t reg ...is there anyone out there who can help me as i dont wont to take it to a garage and get ripped off and need the car back on the road asap....thanks jo

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
Very easy to fix , your crankshaft has crank walk meaning it moves forward and backwards more and more as you get miles on it , perfectaly normal

What you need to do is shim the sensor with a washer till you get the sensor as far in as you can keep it with out the flywheel hitting the sensor , basicly move the sensor out of the hole a little , to far out and the car wont run, to far in and the flywheel will rub a hole in the sensor

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts