Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Ive always depended on the outlet in my car for things like charging my phone. after I got a new one the adapter i got for it was really bad and didnt work right unless i played with it(moved it inside the socket) a little bit. Well that only worked a couple of times before the metal part of the adapter snapped off inside the outlet and i saw a big spark. I tried cleaning it out the best i could and had another spark.

so after all of that I checked the fuses under the steering column and hood and i didnt find any blown ones.

any suggestions on how i could fix this, possible similar experiences?

·
Registered
575 Posts
you can buy a new assembly for it just before you replace it just make sure you pull the fuse so no more sparks.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I've done this before. Check Your fuses again. The lighter socket would work if the fuse wasn't blown. But the blown fuse may not look blown at first. Just check the owners manual, and change that fuse only.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where can I get the new assembly, because I think that there are still small metal parts from the adapter inside the outlet, ill try the fuse thing too. thanks for the responses so far!

·
Registered
575 Posts
i think that you should be able to get one from an autoparts store.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok 2 more things, does the assembly have to be specific to the focus, or ford.

and is there a how-to anywhere for switching out the assembly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts