Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to make a call using the voice commands, it doesn't recognize my contact list. Using a name in the contact list, I get "no listing". Anyone else have this? Do I need to do something different?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have problems with sync not finding my location for GPS directions. Totally useless in that part now. But contacts and other commands work flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I did that, and now it works. Thank you.
Glad to see it's working for you now, ibeheretoo! :)

I have problems with sync not finding my location for GPS directions. Totally useless in that part now. But contacts and other commands work flawlessly.
Same thing happens to me all the time. That "I'm sorry" message drives me insane.
I'd like to help. Are you two receiving this message while using SYNC Services?

Rebecca

·
Registered
319 Posts
I also have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 always needing to be re synced in order for it to allow access to text messages. It will work for a while but then it will start saying "this device does not support text messaging over bluetooth" even though it worked fine before.

When syncing I checked the little "remember" option when it asked to allow access to text messages. So I'm scratching my head on this one.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Which Android version and software version does your phone have, mmmfloorpie?

Rebecca

·
Registered
165 Posts
I can't keep bluetooth connected on my LG Optimus 4X. It works for a day with a fresh pairing (deleting/re-pairing), but the following day as soon as I connect a call (when the other party answers), the phone drops the connection. So it rings, then poof! Sync still thinks it's there for a bit before saying phone disconnected, and the phone can't turn off the bluetooth (needs a reboot). Any ideas? It's a puzzling one for sure, and quite annoying.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I can't keep bluetooth connected on my LG Optimus 4X. It works for a day with a fresh pairing (deleting/re-pairing), but the following day as soon as I connect a call (when the other party answers), the phone drops the connection. So it rings, then poof! Sync still thinks it's there for a bit before saying phone disconnected, and the phone can't turn off the bluetooth (needs a reboot). Any ideas? It's a puzzling one for sure, and quite annoying.
Hi pablo94sc,

I checked our compatibility charts and don't see your phone has been tested, so I can't be 100% sure if it's compatible with SYNC. If you want to check out the charts, here are the links:

SYNC - http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync
MyFord Touch - http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync-myford-touch

Is this the only phone you've used with SYNC? If not, did the others do the same thing? I do have one trick for you to try over the weekend. I'd like you to delete and re-pair your phone from SYNC today, and before turning on your Focus the next time you go somewhere, go into your phone menu and turn Bluetooth off and back on. Let me know if the connection stays.

Rebecca

·
Registered
157 Posts
It happens when I try to use directions. Constantly unable to do a route. Everything else appears to work fine. I find route on iPhone using sync destinations and that part works. When I load to car most of time I get the I'm sorry message. Will get exact wording next time I try it.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Car Audio, SYNC, MFT & Electronics

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It happens when I try to use directions. Constantly unable to do a route. Everything else appears to work fine. I find route on iPhone using sync destinations and that part works. When I load to car most of time I get the I'm sorry message. Will get exact wording next time I try it.
Can you try to use SYNC Services (not the app) to see if it also gives you an error message? Let me know what happens when you get a chance.

Rebecca

1 - 14 of 14 Posts