Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to lower my girls 05 ZX5 now its a daily and we have a baby and people will be sitting in the back, so I dont want to go to radically low and I dont want to sacrafice ride quality but want a noticeable drop and I plan on running 17 SVT wheels dont want to rub. Which would be my best bet to go with?

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
I dont have much personal experience with the sportlines, but the SVT springs (with the SVT dampers) rides pretty well. I also say that because my friend had a new '10 Focus and he was impressed with the ride quality of my car, it was better than his.

I know the Sportlines sit lower than the SVT because the same friend put them on his '10 later on... but he didn't upgrade the shocks though which ideally you should do. It rode alright, but we didn't go very far, but he said my SVT still had a little better ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think im just going to go with a pro kit SVT springs won't give me a noticeable drop like i want, and the sportlines will be to low to have cargo and people and probably rub.

·
Registered
220 Posts
SVT suspension, and with the wheels it'll make the drop even more noticeable

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Is none of the above an option?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
621 Posts
Svt. I have 4/5 peeps in my car at all time and you don't wanna rub the svt works awsome. It's sporty but not overbearing. It handles great. And it's dirt cheap for the kit. I love my svt susoention. Only reason why I'm gonna change it I want coilovers to go for the low low look.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Go with the SVT kit. If you end up wanting more low you can always throw Ford Racing spring on it and still probably have spent less then getting the pro kit or sportline kit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
frpp kit will be great. same low as pro kit. comes with svt dampers too. Much lower in price with getting dampers as well! there isn't a lot of sacrifice in ride quality either and you mentioned there will be passengers and a baby.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The FRPP spring lower about 1.5 inches so it will sit about the same as the Pro Kit. Plenty of people on here have them. Im sure someone will chime in with a pic.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Either the Eibach Pro Kit or Ford Racing Kit will be perfectly fine. They don't drop your car much from the SVT Suspension and they are pretty comfortable.

I drove on the Eibach Pros for a good while and they felt like stock, dropped my SVT .5 from the SVT suspension and wasn't hard.

I only changed them out because they weren't stiff enough for SVT that I mainly AutoX now.

-Ray-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts