Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I currently have the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs matched up with the KYB AGX's. I have about 60k miles on this setup and one of my front struts is leaking and one rear strut is blown.

I have been more than satisfied with my current setup but if I am going to have to swap struts, I want to go with some Koni Yellows. While I got the car up in the air I thought I could also change my springs as well.

The Pro-Kit does a very good job of lowering the car, but the spring rate is pretty close to the OEM SVT spring rate. I was looking for a better (firmer) spring rate while also keeping the height I currently have now with my 60k mile Eibachs.

I have spent the last couple of months skimming the forum and I have two options.... 1) H&R Springs / Koni Yellows OR 2) ST Coil-Overs by KW

Price-wise, they are within $200-$300 of eachother.

QUESTION

Which H&R Spring do I want that is comparable to the Pro-Kit?

RIDE HEIGHT
H&R O.E. Sport = SVT OEM-ish
H&R Sport = Eibach Pro-Kit
H&R Race = Eibach Sportlines

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I am running sportline springs with my eibach kit. If you go sportlines be prepared to feel everything on the road. I feel every bump, the only benefit is when I drive the canyons it handles great and worth it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
I am running sportline springs with my eibach kit. If you go sportlines be prepared to feel everything on the road. I feel every bump, the only benefit is when I drive the canyons it handles great and worth it

Sent from my ADR6300 using FF Mobile
you think the sportlines are stiff, try the H&R race! with those you will feel paint lines and if you go down back roads at 70+ you feel like your only doin 50ish.

my suggestion is go with the koni yellows and H&R race. plus the set is like 800 bucks and is almost as good as a coilover set.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
FWIW the H&R Race springs are not anywhere comparable, except maybe in resulting ride height, to the Eibach Sportlines. Sportlines are for show, H&R Race for go.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not interested in Eibach Sportlines, I already have the Pro-Kit and want to change to the H&R Springs.

Eibach springs lower the car, and that is pretty much it. The spring rate is comparable to an OEM setup. So all it is, is a shorter spring.

I am looking for a shorter spring, while having a more firm spring rate than OEM / Pro-Kit.

FWIW the H&R Race springs are not anywhere comparable, except maybe in resulting ride height, to the Eibach Sportlines. Sportlines are for show, H&R Race for go.
I had a feeling it was going to be the Race version of the H&R's.

Geezer, from what I have found, it seems as though the ride height aspect of the H&R is as follows.....

RIDE HEIGHT

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my suggestion is go with the koni yellows and H&R race. plus the set is like 800 bucks and is almost as good as a coilover set.
I don't see the H&R Race Springs ONLY on TireRack.com.

Where can I find just the springs, and not the Kit??

The only option that comes up is the H&R Sport Spring set.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,328 Posts
Do you really need race spring's? What about H&R's "sport cup" kit?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
H&r race is a great setup![thumb] if u want just to lower these are not for u. If u want real performance and handling these are for u. I had sportlines before they are for.looks only. I daily this setup, if its a rough road then its rough, smooth its smooth etc. And when paired with the h&r front and rear 24mm sways its incredible in the twisties.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Geezer said it best.... Eibachs just lower, but the H&R lower and increase performance, which is what I want.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,328 Posts
ST by K/W !

[headbang]
So I currently have the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs matched up with the KYB AGX's. I have about 60k miles on this setup and one of my front struts is leaking and one rear strut is blown.

I have been more than satisfied with my current setup but if I am going to have to swap struts, I want to go with some Koni Yellows. While I got the car up in the air I thought I could also change my springs as well.

The Pro-Kit does a very good job of lowering the car, but the spring rate is pretty close to the OEM SVT spring rate. I was looking for a better (firmer) spring rate while also keeping the height I currently have now with my 60k mile Eibachs.

I have spent the last couple of months skimming the forum and I have two options.... 1) H&R Springs / Koni Yellows OR 2) ST Coil-Overs by KW

Price-wise, they are within $200-$300 of eachother.

QUESTION

Which H&R Spring do I want that is comparable to the Pro-Kit?

RIDE HEIGHT
I'd go w/ the ST coilover=galveninzed, oh well vs K/W's stainless steel. Tire rack has a good price on thou. I was looking at coilover's too. But went w/ a fixed platform instead, to me, I don't need coilover's for a DD. I put the money in other part's of the car. CFM's front lower stress bar/ Dom's rear chassis brace/ toe-link's, Steeda shifter. I already have Baer brake's, CFM's tubular control arm's, Steeda's rear bar/ 22mm Eibach front bar.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Geezer said it best.... Eibachs just lower, but the H&R lower and increase performance, which is what I want.
you could buy some coilover sleeves from summit then select what spring rate you want out of the 2.50" spring category.

if i knew they had sleeves at summit i would of never bought my PSS9 system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts