Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had an accident with the fofo a little while back and figured it was a great excuse to go with something besides the stock bumper. I'm trying to see if anyone has any actual pics or any actual ppl that have one.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen a few around, they dont look bad.

Arent they fiberglass though?
They are but they are the Duraflex ones, according to what I read and the rep on the phone said she has it and the difference between it and regular fiberglass it's night and day. It has"give" just like an OE bumper.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
They are but they are the Duraflex ones, according to what I read and the rep on the phone said she has it and the difference between it and regular fiberglass it's night and day. It has"give" just like an OE bumper.
Yeah... thats just a sales pitch. It's still fiber-glass, which has a shelf-life. Given a few years exposed to the elements, it will break down and fall apart. Not to mention, it cant stand up to even minor impacts.

You really want to look for polyurethane or polypropylene. Those are the only two that will last a long time, and can handle a few bumps here and there.

Side note: My neighbor is huge into racing and has had a few zx3s. He has the F2 RS body-kit on his current focus, and it has survived more than a few wrecks (including rollovers). Every time he totals a focus, he grabs another off of Craigslist, and swaps over the body-kit & rollcage, then he's off to the races again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... thats just a sales pitch. It's still fiber-glass, which has a shelf-life. Given a few years exposed to the elements, it will break down and fall apart. Not to mention, it cant stand up to even minor impacts.

You really want to look for polyurethane or polypropylene. Those are the only two that will last a long time, and can handle a few bumps here and there.

Side note: My neighbor is huge into racing and has had a few zx3s. He has the F2 RS body-kit on his current focus, and it has survived more than a few wrecks (including rollovers). Every time he totals a focus, he grabs another off of Craigslist, and swaps over the body-kit & rollcage, then he's off to the races again.
Cool thanks for the info. I wish I could find the RS or ST170 front bumper and a rear euro bumper but I know I'm talking dollars

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Cool thanks for the info. I wish I could find the RS or ST170 front bumper and a rear euro bumper but I know I'm talking dollars

The RS bumper is widebody, so It wont fit.

You might try looking for a r/s collections, it is quite similar to the ST170 bumper.

Otherwise, try looking for a SVT bumper, you can never go wrong with that

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The RS bumper is widebody, so It wont fit.

You might try looking for a r/s collections, it is quite similar to the ST170 bumper.

Otherwise, try looking for a SVT bumper, you can never go wrong with that
Thanks, any idea where I can find the r/s collections bumpers? Other than that my other option would be to rock the damaged bumper and do an 05 conversion.... but I still wouldn't want the stock bumper and I have no intentions on buying a new SAP bumper as much as I like them [?|]

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Thanks, any idea where I can find the r/s collections bumpers? Other than that my other option would be to rock the damaged bumper and do an 05 conversion.... but I still wouldn't want the stock bumper and I have no intentions on buying a new SAP bumper as much as I like them [?|]
r/s collections are pretty hard to find, check out the classifieds here you might get lucky.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Everything Viper said. ABS is also a good material. Just gotta be patient if you can wait.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Extreme Dimension makes a urethane RS Collections replica front bumper. They call it E-Spec.

RS Collections with SVT lip

Extreme Dimensions E-Spec

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I like the top pix, bumper.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like both of them especially the one in the top. Thanks, any word on fitment issues with either?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I like both of them especially the one in the top. Thanks, any word on fitment issues with either?
Should be a basic R&R. I'd make sure all the holes in your fenders are all messed up & you have all the bolts.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Should be a basic R&R. I'd make sure all the holes in your fenders are all messed up & you have all the bolts.
I'm buying new fenders so hopefully it all lines up. I'm just trying to get my parts now and hold off till winter is over to get it all fitted.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
LilDee had one of those from ED, it was urethane, but it had serious fitment issues, when we got it on, it was clear that it was going to take alot of work to get it right.

For example, the corner that lines up at the top of the fender was rounded off by about 2-3 inches,we would have had to fab up that entire corner from scratch.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LilDee had one of those from ED, it was urethane, but it had serious fitment issues, when we got it on, it was clear that it was going to take alot of work to get it right.

For example, the corner that lines up at the top of the fender was rounded off by about 2-3 inches,we would have had to fab up that entire corner from scratch.
Do you think is possible to have a random issue and possibly no issue or less of an issue on some? I'm new to body kits, I've always got lucky and found OE euro bumpers on my old VW

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

Reggie said he just had minor trimming on his. Dennis' was pretty off though. Mold probably got damaged and half assed fixed somewhere between the two batches.

KBD makes a RS collections replica as well. Ive never heard anything about the company though. http://kbdbodykits.com/ford-focus-kbd-style-front-bumper-p-7112.html
Wouldn't be surprised if its coming out of the same molds in China that ED gets theirs thru.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts