Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short my poor 2012 Red Focus was cut off by a salt truck as it was dropping salt and have a dozen or more chips that go to metal on the hood and some on the leading edge of the roof and one fender. The warranty company said I'm SOL. So I bought Rust-Oleum Automotive 260510 12-Ounce 2 In 1 Filler and Sandable Primer Spray, Gray and have a small thing of Ford touch-up paint for my car. Now when I went to use the primer I noticed it says safe on metal except for galvanized metal. What makes it not safe on galvanized metal? Why would zinc make a difference? What do you guys recommend getting?
Thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Long story short my poor 2012 Red Focus was cut off by a salt truck as it was dropping salt and have a dozen or more chips that go to metal on the hood and some on the leading edge of the roof and one fender. The warranty company said I'm SOL. So I bought Rust-Oleum Automotive 260510 12-Ounce 2 In 1 Filler and Sandable Primer Spray, Gray and have a small thing of Ford touch-up paint for my car. Now when I went to use the primer I noticed it says safe on metal except for galvanized metal. What makes it not safe on galvanized metal? Why would zinc make a difference? What do you guys recommend getting?
Thanks.
Personally, I use a Sharpie. But then again, I'm cheap...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts