Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those of you that posted on the thread about the differences between the SPI and the ZETEC I thank you guys A LOT! I decided to go with the zx-3.

Now here comes the tough part. I found one in wichita ks for 6950. I can probably jew him down to around 5500. 2000. It has 87k, DRilled and slotted rotors, lowered, optima battery. But, it has some dents on the roof, the hatch keylock is missing the cover ring (i.e. broken into). No p/w p/l p/m. Its all manual.

My car: 2001 SE SPI, 90k on body, 43k on motor. (I blew the other one up )[:eek:)] MIne does have power locks, windows, mirros and remote keyless. no dents but a few minor scratches. I put aftermarket fogs on. I'm hoppin to pull 3-5k on my trade in.

Sound reasonable enough?

I would appreciate any thoughts on the Cosworth focus. I'm a big drifter kid and I would really love input on an AWD set up.[:D]

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
seems alittle high to me....and if its been broken into and has that many dents, who knows what kinda condition everything else is in...

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'd steer clear of that zetec, too much negative about it. And an AWD set-up? On a Focus? Spend wads of cash... or go buy a Subaru or Evo.

·
Registered
958 Posts
^^^and easier...i think you have to swap in explorer parts

imo, if you get the zx3 then i would go lower aim for less than 5k...lots of dents lots of miles...no options...plus its been broken into...seems high to me

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Sadly no zetec will fulfill your drifting dreams. My personal advise is to find a beaten-down old 240sx, that way you wont feel bad the first time you send it into a ditch. Find a granny'd ZX3 for your DD. A lot of what I've read about amateur drifting, besides the obvious statment of danger and borderline recklesness (I'm being nice there), is that you will most likely damage or destroy the car you learn on. If your stuck on throttle steer tho, RWD > AWD, without a variable center diff, and even then it will still understeer more than a RWD.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welll the brokin into thing is just an assumption. Its just missing the ring around the lock on the hatch. it has 3 extremely minor dents. How hard could it be to change the doors to power windows and locks?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
it wouldn't be worth changing over to power everything imo. but the price on that seems incredibly high and definitely not worth it. i paid 5k for mine in 2004. then it was a 2001 zx3 with a borla, 64k miles, and highway chips on the hood and such.

·
Registered
958 Posts
bought mine 3 yrs old w low mileage, good body, but no options...total was 10k CAD...and personally i love no power anything in the car...it saves weight by not having the motors in the doors and also less drain on the engine from having to run additional accessories...the only i dont like about the base model is no adjustable/telescopic steering wheel

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
I can explain the ring but i doubt he had a system that pushed that out. I purchased my 2000 watt system for like 2.5k and the day it was installed it blew off my plastic keyhole cover which is only glued on and shattered all my bulbs lol so mabey thats it, just ask him was it broken into or did the glue wareout or did he have a competition sound system in it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the car ended up bein sold anyway so :( If any of you guys know of some ZX-3s are with power everything let me know please!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
i bought my 01 zetec with 16K no power anything, but it is an S2 with a tilt and telescoping wheel, in 02. perfect body condition! for 9,000! so i would say the price is really high!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts